We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need to stop for kids on way to SH from St. Louis

Which South Haven hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
reviews: 11
Need to stop for kids on way to SH from St. Louis

Hi folks,

Hubby and I are driving up to SH this Saturday for a week, with our 4 yo and 2 yo in tow. It's about a 6 hour drive, and we wanted to know if anyone who has made this trip with kids knows of a place about midway where we can take the kids to relax/have fun.

Thanks!

ALC

Destination Expert
for South Haven
reviews: 169
1. Re: Need to stop for kids on way to SH from St. Louis

hum i drive from st louis to my area in nw indiana all the time...if you're coming thru indy there is a great kids museum there....i'm also partial to the indy zoo but it may be awfully hot for that...

it probably depends how you're coming up

Belleville, IL
reviews: 21
2. Re: Need to stop for kids on way to SH from St. Louis

It would be over halfway and a little out of the way, but Chicago is full of activities to stop for.

There is also Springfield, IL, although that is less than halfway.

If you go through Indiana, than Indianopolis is nice with the White River park with the gardens and zoo as well as some other museums there too along the canal.

It might also be a little out of the way, but the Wildlife Prairie State Park in Peoria is a neat stop. It is a park full of trails and boardwalks through natural enviroments of buffulo, bears, bobcats, mountain lions, and other animals native to Illinois.

Bloomington might also have some sights to see, that would be more on the way. Or Joliet probably has a lot to see and do as well.

We are also heading up to South Haven and the surrounding towns in a week, and we live near St.Louis as well. Have a great trip!

3. Re: Need to stop for kids on way to SH from St. Louis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, October 01, 2009