We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venetian Week?

Which Saugatuck hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indianapolis
reviews: 1
Venetian Week?

I am still trying to find a good place to stay with 2 teenage boys in Saugatuck this coming Sunday and Monday nights (7/26 & 27). Someone told me it is "Venetian Week" and that's why it's being so hard to find a place.

What is Venetian Week and when does it start and end......are we trying to come in on the end of it or is it just starting this week?

Also, if anyone happens to know of a decent place for 4 of us (need separate room for Mom.....17-year old boy bringing a buddy), let me know. I'm checking the saugatuckdouglas.com site.

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
reviews: 22
1. Re: Venetian Week?

Venetian Festival weekend is this Friday and Saturday so everything is over by Sunday afternoon. The last 2 weeks of July are the busiest around here so lodging could be scarce. Check with the realty companies that handle vacation rentals, Lakeshore Lodging, Shoreline or Mill Pond.

Saugatuck, Michigan
reviews: 6
2. Re: Venetian Week?

I still feel that the Saugtuck CVB site is a great resource (and yes, I know you disagree Lake). But, using this link www.saugatuck.com/lodging/searchdate.asp you will see what is available for you on those dates. Pines Motor Lodge and Hunters Lodge are both 'kid friendly' and would be worth your time looking into. Hunters Lodge is a great little log cabin style lodge that has connecting rooms and sounds ideal for what you need.

Indianapolis
reviews: 1
3. Re: Venetian Week?

Thanks everyone! I've gotten some leads from the saugatuckdouglas site and I will check the saugatuck.com site as well. I have already checked into the Hunters Lodge and they don't have availability.

Thanks for all the great info.....love this site! I'm confident I'kll find somewhere to stay today, thanks to all of you.

Saugatuck, MI
Destination Expert
for Saugatuck
reviews: 22
4. Re: Venetian Week?

Gregg, thats the problem with the CVB site...if members don't update their availability, it's useless.

5. Re: Venetian Week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, January 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Saugatuck