We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

motel between St Ignace and Escanaba?

Which Saint Ignace hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
MI
reviews: 114
motel between St Ignace and Escanaba?

We will be coming from West Branch and heading west on Hwy 2. Are there any motels between St Ignace and Escanaba?

Thank you.

4 replies to this topic
Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
reviews: 105
1. Re: motel between St Ignace and Escanaba?

I haven't stayed at them, but yes there are quite a few motels. Some of the communities where you will find them are Naubinway, Manistique, Rapid River, and (almost to Escanaba) Gladstone.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
reviews: 148
2. Re: motel between St Ignace and Escanaba?

I haven't stayed here, but I took a look in their rooms last summer when we had lunch next door and I thought the rooms were very clean (not at all fancy) and the price was extremely reasonable, given the beautiful view. Skyline Motel, Epoufette:

http://www.upskylinemotel.com/rooms.html

It might not be an issue for you, but if anyone else comes to this thread in the future, I wanted to note that they take dogs at this motel too.

Cedarville, Michigan
reviews: 3
3. Re: motel between St Ignace and Escanaba?

There are several motels in Manistique, some of them are right across the road from the public boardwalk and beach.

Most of them look nice and well-kept from the outside but I have never stayed there.

There are chain motels as well as mom and pop establishments. The Econolodge looks like it has a great spot right across from the beach, but again I have not stayed there.

You didn't indicate any details in your post, but West Branch and Escanaba are about 5 hours apart (per Mapquest). Is there a particular reason for a motel between St. Ignace and Escanaba as opposed to just staying in Escanaba?

Minnesota
reviews: 4
4. Re: motel between St Ignace and Escanaba?

We just drove that route a few weeks ago and believe me, there are plenty of motels. It should not be a problem finding one.

Reply to: motel between St Ignace and Escanaba?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted