We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yacht Race

Which Saint Ignace hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
reviews: 6
Yacht Race

My family is considering visiting the UP for a vacation around the time of July 24. According to the St. Ignace website, there is a Chicago to Mackinac Island yacht race going on then. How difficult will it be to find a place to stay in St. Ignace at that time?

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
reviews: 94
1. Re: Yacht Race

Other than overflow boats in the marina, the race will not have that big an impact in St. Ignace.

However, the busiest time of year at the Strats of Mackinac is mid July to mid August (plus Labor Day weekend). I would reserve a room ASAP for any of those dates.

Edited: 5:57 pm, June 23, 2010
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 118
2. Re: Yacht Race

Agreeing that St Ignace will not be impacted significantly. However, the island will be. Lodging is probably already fully booked, and you should expect to pay a premium price for rooms during race time.

Ohio
reviews: 6
3. Re: Yacht Race

Last summer, my husband and I actually ended up changing the dates of a trip to Mackinac Island because of the lack of places to stay due to a yacht race. I wasn't sure if it would be the same situation staying on the mainland. Thanks for the info.!

4. Re: Yacht Race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 24, 2010