We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point and Soo Locks

Which Saint Ignace hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville
reviews: 5
Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point and Soo Locks

We are planning a trip to Michigan in late July. We will be spending a few days in Macinaw City. Would we have enough time to see Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point and Soo Locks in one day, or should we visit Soo Locks one day and the other two the next? We also plan on spending one day on Macinac Island. Any info you can give me would be appreciated.

Swartz Creek
reviews: 29
11. Re: Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point and Soo Locks

A link to a post here in April about some of those same areas. Some good info you may appreciate.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g42671-i2302-k3534…

Louisville
12. Re: Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point and Soo Locks

Thank you msmith5531. There was a lot of good info on that link.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
reviews: 47
13. Re: Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point and Soo Locks

The Canadian Soo no longer has our own lock tours boat, sadly. The one you can take on the Michigan side crosses over into Canadian waters, and you do not need a passport as you don't get off the boat. Nearby the lock tours dock, there is the Tower of History, which has a great view across to the Canadian side from the top.

As for doing all 3 in one day, I guess it depends how much time you plan to spend at each.

Louisville
14. Re: Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point and Soo Locks

Thank you melissassm. I decided not to do all three in a day. I wanted to make sure we had plenty of time and wouldn't have to rush.

15. Re: Tahquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point and Soo Locks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, December 07, 2010