We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise tips and questions?

reviews: 1
Paradise tips and questions?

We will be staying at a cabin in Paradise from August 2-7. Could someone give me some tips. We are looking for a local bar, restuarant, grocery store and gas station. Wondering if there are any of these located in Paradise or if we need to travel to another town.

Anyone know of any fishing charters or party "fishing" boats in the eastern UP?

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
1. Re: Paradise tips and questions?

Hello Slavechild,

Here is the Chamber of Commerce web site for Paradise -

http://www.paradisemichigan.org/index.html

I would call the place your are renting from and see if they can help you with your questions.

2. Re: Paradise tips and questions?

Thank you. We are riding to the UP on motorcycle and can't bring much with us so I was trying to get an idea of what is in the area. We want to tour the central/eastern part of the UP.

Brookfield...
3. Re: Paradise tips and questions?

Unless something has changed since last summer, in town there is one bar (The Yukon), one restaurant (The Little Falls Inn), a grocery store, and a couple gas stations, one of which also sells some groceries. There is a pretty good brewpub/restaurant at Upper Tahquamenon Falls state park, which is 15-20 minutes from Paradise. Gas and groceries are fairly expensive in town. Better selection and prices are in Newberry and Sault Ste Marie, but you can by for a week with what they have in town.

Columbus, Ohio
4. Re: Paradise tips and questions?

There is only one gas station in town. There are also only a few restaurants in town. You won't be able to miss them. The town is nice, but not very big, one stop sign (no light).

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
reviews: 931
5. Re: Paradise tips and questions?

The Little Falls Inn restaurant is very good and has some good choices for such a little place. Small gift shop attached. Good prices and services. It is for sale and I hope they have not closed it down for any reason. It was the only place I saw in Paradise that looked like a good spot.....but I very much could be wrong...be sure and eat at the restaurant at TFSP, it is very good and has mutiple menu choices, as well as a nice ambiance.

Shelby Township...
Destination Expert
for Paradise
reviews: 35
6. Re: Paradise tips and questions?

There really isn't a fishing scene in Paradise. You'll see very few boats in the water. There just isn't any good structure in Whitefish Bay to attract fish. The mouth of the Taquahmenon river, where it enters Lake Superior is about your best bet, and it is not a good bet.

If you are looking to fish or do a fishing charter in the eastern UP, google the Les Cheneaux Islands or their associated towns, Hessel and Cedarville. The islands have long been a good fishery. Nowdays it varies as cormorants have decimated the perch population. Anyway, you can do a fishing charter or a pleasure cruise with this outfit:

http://www.fishingwithnorm.com/

I'm sure there are other alternatives out there too.

7. Re: Paradise tips and questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 16, 2010