We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best sandwiches in SW Michigan

Which New Buffalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
reviews: 149
The best sandwiches in SW Michigan

Our family day trips and vacations in SW Michigan several times a year. A few years back we were tipped off to the MOST incredible place for affordable, huge, freshly made sandwiches that you'd likely never find on your own.

I've chosen to keep this place a secret in the past, however, upon our most recent visit a few weeks ago, we spoke with the owner (who works the store every day) who shared with us that they've had a particularly difficult year. I love this place and want to see them do well, so I'm posting here. I'd write a review, but since it is technically a corner store with a deli, it really doesn't 'fit' anywhere in the reviews.

Riverside Corner Store is located at the corner of Warren Woods Road and Three Oaks Road--technically 15300 Three Oaks Road. (I'm not even sure what town that's in. I know it's NOT New Buffalo, but that was the closest town I could find in the forums!) They have a small menu of out of this world sandwiches as well as daily specials. They're all ginormous, with the most expensive one being just under $8.50 and easily feeding two or three adults. We generally call ahead (269 756 3663), since they do take a bit to make and every one is made to order how you like it.

The store also has a great assortment of amish made products and Michigan wines and beers as well as other typical party store type stuff.

For reference, I have no personal interest or ownership in this store, it's just one of those incredible places that you want to see do well.

We don't make a trip to the area without getting a sandwich. Check them out!

MI
Destination Expert
for Ludington
reviews: 105
1. Re: The best sandwiches in SW Michigan

Do you know if this is Amish owned?

Chicago, IL
2. Re: The best sandwiches in SW Michigan

The gentleman who I always see working there who I assume to be the owner is not Amish.

Indiana
reviews: 4
3. Re: The best sandwiches in SW Michigan

They might do better if the owner didn't stand in front of door smoking all of the time.

Chicago, IL
4. Re: The best sandwiches in SW Michigan

I've noticed that he smokes, and it doesn't bother me. I'm thankful he goes outside to do it!

Bad habits aside, it's bar none the best, most affordable sandwich in the area!

5. Re: The best sandwiches in SW Michigan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, March 29, 2014