We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apostle islands

Which Munising hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 20
Apostle islands

I am planning for a 4 day trip to UP n July mostly visiting pictured rocks and around, i am driving from detroit... I am also intrested in visiting the apostle islands if I have another day... I am just concerned if it is worth the trip especially after visting the pictured rocks since its another 3 hr drive from pictured rocks.. Anyone has any suggestions..

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
reviews: 1,020
1. Re: Apostle islands

I think to get an answer about the Apostle Islands, you should post in the WI forum. You will receive more answers, I am sure! then come back to our forum! :)

St. Clair Shores, MI
reviews: 80
2. Re: Apostle islands

While in Munising, be sure to stop by Johnny Dogs for a lunch or dinner. You will NOT be disappointed!

ontario canada
reviews: 15
3. Re: Apostle islands

the walk or hike up the beach from hurricane river campground to the lighthouse is just incredible. you pass by several shipwrecks on the beach. dont take the trail, youll be in the bush with the bugs and dont get the nice views of the lakeshore.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Illinois, Chicago
reviews: 184
4. Re: Apostle islands

it's a LONG way from munising to bayfield... consider adding 2 extra days if you plan to see the apostles.... it will be a helluva LONG day if you drive to the apostles and back in one day....

Jackson, Wisconsin
reviews: 132
5. Re: Apostle islands

When goin g to Bayfield and Apostles you want to be able to get on the water to see it more. The cruise boats will do half day boat rides past a few islands or with a stop on Raspberry island to tour the lighthouse. If you are fit you can also see the area by kayak with either a half day or full day tour.

Bayfield is the gateway city think little gift shops and nice restaurants.

6. Re: Apostle islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:40 pm, June 21, 2013