We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

Which Vigan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mandaluyong...
reviews: 67
Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

Hi fellow travellers,

Which bus service would you recommend for a trip from Manila to Vigan. Are there buses that travel this route with comfort rooms, or express/deluxe?

Cheers,

Ver

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
reviews: 177
1. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

Partas --> deluxe bus but no toilet

Maria de Leon --> reclining seats with toilet

www.flickr.com/photos/alfiesbuses/3681758804/

Mandaluyong...
reviews: 67
2. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

Thanks Kegler. I had the chance to call up a few bus companies last weekend. It looks like Partas is the best option because of their deluxe option (nightly), although I am also keen to have a day journey (can hardly sleep on the bus).

Maria De Leon looks like a viable option as well since they do have comfort rooms and frequent services, however, it is bound for Laoag, not sure of the actual location in Vigan it would be dropping off passengers.

Dominion has indicated that they will start having deluxe (with comfort room) services which are also non-stop/express from Cubao to Vigan sometime this month.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
3. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

If it will just pass by Vigan from the highway you can just ride a tricycle to go to the city center. The buses will stop at designated areas where they are at least 2 hours apart so if you don't have a bladder problem a bus with a toilet is not that necessary.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 234
4. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

Hi, btw the lack of toilet on Partas buses should not be an issue, since they always make a CR / break stop every about 3 hours.

The good part about Philippines is that all roads frequented by buses have Jollibees (Philippines version of Mc Donalds) etc with generally good clean CRs (comfort room - that is what toilets are called in Philippines )

Also, drivers have pre-planned food stops that have clean CRs. They usually charge 5 pesos at the CR.

For the Vigan trip, if I remember right, there were at least 3 such meal / break stops - at Tarlac, and another 2 stops in small towns

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
5. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

You are lucky, YLOO.

I have 8 stops and this drag the trip for a few extra hours!!!!!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
6. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

CR? Hahaha ;-) For me, it is bemusing for foreigners to use that term. Whenever I'm in Singapore I also hold back not to say "CR" when I ask a stranger where the toilet is.

Baguio, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 234
7. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

@ Mousehunt,

Hey... you just turned my name into CR! ha ha! Good pun!

@ Kegler

.... yes, After a few bladder bursting failed attempts at searching for the toilet, washroom, WC, bathroom and every other possible name I could think of, finally one of my Filipino friends told me how to find this necessity! CR!

antipolo
8. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

helo,mgkano po pmasi ng bus papuntang vigan at ilang oras po?tnx

9. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, November 20, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
reviews: 202
10. Re: Best Bus Service from Manila to Vigan

English please?