We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Welcome

Which Mackinaw City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
reviews: 105
The Welcome

It looks like The Welcome is returning to Mackinaw City! The replica sailing vessel was built at the Mackinaw Maritime Park during the bicentennial of the American Revolution. The original Welcome was built in the 1770s.

petoskeynews.com/featured-pnr/headlands-eyed…

Canton, Michigan
reviews: 32
1. Re: The Welcome

Thanks for sharing this news. I remember watching The Welcome being built during our annual vacations to Cheboygan and Mackinaw City and look forward to seeing it find a new home at The Headlands!

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
reviews: 105
2. Re: The Welcome

I was one of the guides working at Fort Michilimackinac during the construction of the Welcome, though I had moved away before it was complete.

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
reviews: 1,020
3. Re: The Welcome

I remember them building the Welcome. We visited during that time. My father was fascinated. I am so glad it is coming home!! Also read about it in our local paper.

4. Re: The Welcome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 24, 2014