We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Worst pizza ever!!!!

Which Mackinaw City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
reviews: 16
Worst pizza ever!!!!

Do not get Papa Zo's Pizza!!!!! I would write a bad review but they aren't on TA or anywhere else, like Yelp or the Yellow Pages where you can also write reviews. In fact when you google Papa Zo's nothing comes up :-/ We arrived in Mackinaw around 7:00PM tired & hungry, when we checked in they gave us a map of Mackinaw and on the back it had several coupons. It showed Papa Zo's Pizza with free delivery to your hotel so we ordered a small pizza with 1 topping, with tip it was $20.00. The pizza was so flat it looked like it was on a tortilla, there wasn't any sauce on it , and the little bit of cheese they used looked like plastic (the best thing about the pizza it was tasteless) I found out later that we should have ordered from the Pizza Palace. I didn't research pizza places before we left because I didn't plan on ordering one, but we checked into our room much later than I planned. Pizza was tossed out and we went to bed hungry~Hopefully this post will save a few people from making the mistake we did.

17 replies to this topic
North Muskegon...
reviews: 40
1. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g42424-d1165…

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
reviews: 94
2. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

Thanks, Greg. I had never heard of Papa Zo'a.

That restaurant where the pizza came from, belongs to the same family that owns many of the larger motels.

Michigan
3. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

Thanks Greg, I didn't have time to read all the reviews but did read the one that said that Papa Zo's are the ones that deliver. How strange......that explains why I couldn't find anything on Papa Zo's except this link and it is the same address as Nonna Lisa's Italian Ristorante. I think that Rachel that wrote about the "yummy" pizza may be the owner or manager, if you look she/he has no other reviews and just joined. Hummmmmmmmm

http://www.mackinawcity.com/eat-58/592/592/

Lighthouse, does that restaurant belong to the same owners as the Clarion? A local told me that the people that have the Clarion also owns most of the town.

4. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

I wish I had seen this!!!! We came up last night and its off season. It was like 7:30 by time we left the water slides and got to our room. I figured it'd be an easy pizza night . Called them only could order large and no bread sticks etc available only this large pizza. $15.99 for a cheese/sauce pizza and with pepperoni it came to 18.63 ! Pizza was most defintly frozen ( not even at least like Red Baron lol) with added topping and a little extra cheese. We are it because our 2 girls (4 and 16 months) were starving but yes will not be buying there again!

Marquette, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
reviews: 9
5. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

Pizza Palace next time...

Kansas
Destination Expert
6. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

I missed your question, Wench. Yes that is the same folks.

Lowell, Michigan
7. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

Thanks for the heads up I was looking for their website to check prices since I planned on doing the same thing when we get up there. Saved us Thanks! I will check out the pizza palace instead :)

Michigan
8. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

I've heard great things about the pizza palace. I'm glad I helped, I think the picture tells the the story lol

Michigan
9. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

I'm not sure if you checked out the links others have posted, but Papa Zo's is the same as Nonna Lisa's Italian Ristorante. Here are all the bad reviews. tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS

Kansas
Destination Expert
10. Re: Worst pizza ever!!!!

The same owners have built a slick web site called the Chamber of Tourism. It looks like a third party independent site, but you will discover it has only their hotels and that all but one of the review ratings is 4.5 out of 5. One has a rating of "only" 4, but even that one has not one negative word in all of its reviews.

Reply to: Worst pizza ever!!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted