We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room upgrades

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockford, Michigan
Room upgrades

I have seen people comment on receiving upgrades when checking in. Is it always a good idea to ask? Any tips to help my chances?Can you call ahead and ask or should you wait until check in? Thanks.

Ashtabula, Ohio
reviews: 99
1. Re: Room upgrades

I always ask at check in. Usually they are available if someone cancels at the last minute.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Mackinac Island, Mackinaw City, Kansas
reviews: 105
2. Re: Room upgrades

I assume you mean "free" upgrades.

The only time I ever had luck with that was during our honeymoon. I emailed a few days in advance to confirm the reservation and mention that it would be our honeymoon. We were upgraded to an 1100 square foot suite that filled the entire end of the 5th floor of the Radisson Aruba Resort closest to the ocean.

3. Re: Room upgrades

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 02, 2014