We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bike rental for little ones

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, TX
reviews: 18
Bike rental for little ones

Does anyone know which bicycle rental companies on the island rent a weehoo? (it's like a tag-a-long but is more like a car seat than a bicycle seat that the child seats in). WE have a 4 year old and 2.5 year old and want to bike around the island. I know my 4 year old will want to pedal so I figured he'd use a tag-a-long. For my 2.5 year old, I think she's too young for traditional tag-a-long but thought the weehoo would be perfect. I would rather do that than a burley cart.

Any suggestions for biking with young kids would be great! Thanks!

Antrim, New...
reviews: 13
1. Re: Bike rental for little ones

I just looked that up. That's a new one. I would bet that if one of them rents, then all of them rent it. But, I checked the websites for the three bike shops on the island and none of them are offering the Weehoo. Just the Tagalong and the Burley Cart. Here is a link to reach all three shops:

mackinac.com/content/services/rentals.html

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 25
2. Re: Bike rental for little ones

A weehoo is a new one for me, too. I've only seen tag-a-longs and burley carts on the island (and rented both). There are bike rental shops every 100 feet downtown, so you may want to check out a couple of the shops just to make sure they haven't added them to their rental inventory recently.

Austin, TX
reviews: 18
3. Re: Bike rental for little ones

Hmmm. I saw this post from another person (who I have contacted directly but have not heard back):

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g42424-d1158…

They mention the weehoo in their post and says they rented on the island. I will just call some of the places you suggested and see what they say. Thanks! Has anyone done the bike rides with small children? Any tips?

reviews: 5
4. Re: Bike rental for little ones

I have seen them on the island, they are red, pretty cool looking. Like you say, they are for the toddlers who aren't quite ready for the tag along.

5. Re: Bike rental for little ones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 23, 2013