We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how may I get from Chicago to Mackinac Island??

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prague, Czech...
how may I get from Chicago to Mackinac Island??

Hello I have a problem.. We are going to the States, to work on the Mackinac Island and we have booked tickets frome Europe to Chicago... Spend some time in Chicago and then, get to Mackinac Island.. Here comes the problem.. Air tickets are very expensive.. No train at all.. Only 13 hours by bus... Then, obviously car.. But..Is it possible to hire car in Chicago and leave it somewhere in Michigan?? How much does it cost approximetely? Wouldn t it be like the air tickets..??:)) Since we are travelling as a couple, the air trip would cost us about 700 dollars.... I will appreciate every advice...

Anna

Detroit, MI
Destination Expert
for Detroit, Travel Gadgets and Gear
11. Re: how may I get from Chicago to Mackinac Island??

Looks like they fly from Midway, which is on the southwest side of Chicago. It is the "L" station at the end of the orange line, so easily reachable from downtown.

Little Rock
reviews: 21
12. Re: how may I get from Chicago to Mackinac Island??

They do fly from Midway (Chicago's smaller ... but still large / commercial airport) to Pelston Michigan (PLN). The have a limited flight schedule and don't allow much luggage, so inquire before you reserve flights (you could always ship excess luggage by UPS). BUT, the Pelston region is a very popular Summer vacation area and the flights fill months ahead of departure, so do research as soon as possible so you can reserve flights soon.

If you search " lakeshore express" on Google or Trip Advisor you should find reviews on their service.

Good luck and have a great Summer in God's countty

Chicago
reviews: 1
13. Re: how may I get from Chicago to Mackinac Island??

Their total baggage limit, according to their website, is 30 pounds, for both carry-on and one checked bag put together I don't see any flights for $160, just some flights for $185 and up. You would also have to book a shuttle from the airport to Mackinaw City and then catch the ferry, don't know how much the shuttles run. Just make sure you have all arrangement in place.

http://lakeshoreexpress.com/

14. Re: how may I get from Chicago to Mackinac Island??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, June 18, 2013