We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lilac Tree Hotel

Which Mackinac Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 1
Lilac Tree Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Lilac Tree, we're going later in the season and I'm at a toss up between the Lilac and Iroquios Hotel. Or are there any condos or studio suites available on the island. We have a group going and will need multiple rooms.

Thanks for any information provided.

Livonia, Michigan
reviews: 66
1. Re: Lilac Tree Hotel

I also saw your question on kdets89 post. Just in case you don't get your responsel it might be the Lakebluff Condos at Stonecliffe:

mackinacislandlakebluffcondos.com/Mackinac_I…

We stayed at the Lilac Tree several years ago and enjoyed it. I don't know if they have a/c now, but the only problem we had with it being right in town was that at night when we were sleeping with our windows open there was a lot of noise until wee hours of the morning.

Indianapolis...
reviews: 20
2. Re: Lilac Tree Hotel

I responded to your other post about the condos. I guess I might add a couple things to keep in mind. As the other poster stated, the Lilac Tree and Iroquios are right in town, and you'll have the noise. The condos are 2 miles out, which may have it's good and bad points.

Of the 2, I think Lilac Tree would be more affordable, if that's a concern. From what I hear, they are both nice, but the Iroqiuos is a step up. We've only stayed at b&b's until, so I'm just reporting what I've heard. Hope that helps!

Merrillville...
3. Re: Lilac Tree Hotel

I've stayed at both. It really depends on what you are looking for. I personally prefer the more elegant atmosphere at the Iroquois--when I can afford it. It's funny, they don't have elevators but they do have internet access.

The Lilac Tree is more modern with suites and so on. It does have an elevator, but no internet access!

The Iroquois is beautifully decorated and offers old-fashioned service--where you pick up a phone and ask for ice or anything and someone brings it to you. The Lilac Tree is more modern with ice machines and pop machines in the hallway. The Iroquois is on the lake and has its own restaurant. The Lilac Tree is downtown on Main Street, but there are restaurants nearby. I would go to each of their websites if you haven't already. You won't have a bad experience at either place, it just depends on what you are looking for.