We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lansing airport...

Which Lansing hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
reviews: 995
Lansing airport...

I have never used or been to the Lansing airport. I will be dropping off someone, and will be accompanying them to the gate. I was wondering about the size of the airport. Is it similar to Bishop in Flint? MBS in Saginaw? Or larger? How about parking? Is it far from the terminal building? Thanks for any info you can provide!

6 replies to this topic
Little Rock
reviews: 21
1. Re: Lansing airport...

Larger then MBS, more like Flint (6 - 7 gates). If you go to Google Earth / maps, you can zoom in on it and see the general layout

Little Rock
reviews: 21
2. Re: Lansing airport...

Larger then MBS, more like Flint (6 - 7 gates). If you go to Google Earth / maps, you can zoom in on it and see the general layout. You should be able to drop them off at the door and then park and meet them at check-in

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
reviews: 30
3. Re: Lansing airport...

Tyme: I didn't see this post. Sorry about that! Lansing Airport is so easy. There is ample parking right out front of the airport. No vans, buses or trains to take from parking. You will be able to park, walk right in to the terminal and then to the gate (if you are permitted- accompanying an unaccompanied minor or handicapped person, I suppose). Your first 15 minutes of parking are free, the next 45 minutes are $2.00 then its $3.00 per hour after the first hour. There are now 9 gates, downstairs are the small regional air planes and the larger planes are upstairs.

Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving! Moms

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
4. Re: Lansing airport...

Thanks Reg and Moms. It is a very easy airport to navigate, no problems, in and out quickly! Hope Allegiant stays there, disappointed when they left MBS in Saginaw/BC/Midland. Have a great Thsnksgiving!

Lansing, Michigan
reviews: 5
5. Re: Lansing airport...

Allegiant just recently returned to Lansing and we're so happy they did!!

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
6. Re: Lansing airport...

Yes, we are too. Much better than driving to Detroit.

Reply to: Lansing airport...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lansing