We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip Ideas

Which Kalamazoo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Wayne, Indiana
reviews: 50
Day Trip Ideas

In case anyone checks this forum I want to run some ideas by you...coming up from Fort Wayne either next Saurday or the following. My fiancée and I really like beer so I'm thinking of hitting up Darkhorse first and having lunch..maybe a pizza there. Then head towards Bell's Brewery. Has anyone done either tours? Small breweries are not that interesting..I mean I went to Goose Island last month and it was just a small production pub that made beer just for their brewpub so it wasn't all that interesting. Has anyone been to this Oasis Hot Tub place...it looks really cheesy but I feel like it could be fun and relaxing too. I just need something to break the day up a little bit...once you get to the point where you are so full, beer can't be enjoyed as much and I really want to go to the Kalamazoo Beer Exchange for dinner. This place looks cool and my fiancée is a stock broker so he might get a small kick out of it. Any other suggestions would be great or in what order I should do things. Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Chicago Suburbs
reviews: 19
1. Re: Day Trip Ideas

http://www.echovalleyfun.com/

Manistique, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Manistique, Curtis
2. Re: Day Trip Ideas

This has nothing to do with beer but the Kalamazoo Air Zoo has some interesting Planes to check out. In the month of February you can even sit in the cockpit of an airplane.

http://www.airzoo.org/

Fort Wayne, Indiana
3. Re: Day Trip Ideas

Thanks for the two ideas, the Air Zoo I checked out yesterday online. It looks like it could be pretty fun even if aeronautics doesn't interest you too much.

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
reviews: 146
4. Re: Day Trip Ideas

We're not much into brewery tours, but we love the occasional soak in the outdoor hot tubs at the Oasis location in Ann Arbor. Too warm to stay in an indoor tub for an hour, but outdoors on a cold evening is really nice--especially if you're lucky enough to get a bit of snowfall.

They are clean facilities which is very important of course!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
5. Re: Day Trip Ideas

The hot tub idea does appeal to me just because its something different, we don't have anything like it in Fort Wayne. I'm slightly worried about the cleanliness and that the rooms will be outdated and stuff. An outdoor tub sounds ideal and snow fall would be perfect. I get why they have a rule against alcohol but it would be nice to sip some wine while soaking. Oh well.

Michigan
reviews: 16
6. Re: Day Trip Ideas

Missy,

I can't speak for Kalamazoo, but we have an Oasis here in Grand Rapids and it is a very nice facility. Very clean and each room has a different theme which is kind of fun. The hot tubs are very private and you can choose from indoors or outdoors. Outdoor is fun in the winter since the air is freezing, but you can snuggle in a nice warm tub. The tubs have radios that you can tune in to your favorite music on. There is an intercom if you need to contact the front desk for anything and this is what they use to let you know when your time is up.

Have fun!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
reviews: 8
7. Re: Day Trip Ideas

Just incase someone new ever wonders about the Oasis in Kalamazoo, they are very clean and quite romantic too. Suggest an outdoor room even if its snowing. Our favorites are the end rooms.

Reply to: Day Trip Ideas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted