We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Downtown Kalamazoo

Which Kalamazoo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
reviews: 17
Downtown Kalamazoo

We'll be visiting Kalamazoo in May coming by bus from Toronto.I have been looking at all the B&Bs websites and they all seem to be downtown.We are looking for somewhere that we can walk to easily from the bus and that is near to all the main sights of the city. Any suggestions.I have e mailed some of the B&Bs but only had 1 reply so far.

Also, what are the main things not to be missed as we'll only be there for 1 day! We like walking (not too far) sitting watching the world go by and interesting historical things.

Sorry to be a bit vague!

4 replies to this topic
West Chester, Ohio
reviews: 7
1. Re: Downtown Kalamazoo

Hi. I can't answer your question about B&Bs, but hopefully the TA reviews would help there. Here is a website for things to do and places to stay in K-zoo.

www.discoverkalamazoo.com/visitorsandguests/

It's a hot spot for breweries, many are right downtown, as are a number of good restaurants. If you're here on a weekend, often there are outdoor events happening at Arcadia Creek, an outdoor venue right downtown. Hope this helps! BB

Williamston...
reviews: 78
2. Re: Downtown Kalamazoo

Is there a particular reason you're coming to Kalamazoo? While it might have a couple of things of interest, I wouldn't rank it high as a tourist destination, compared to other cities in Michigan.

Scotland
reviews: 17
3. Re: Downtown Kalamazoo

Thanks.

My husband has always wanted to go to Kalamazoo for some reason!

Also we are going on to Omaha by train and we can do that part of the journey in a day from Kalamazoo.

Williamston...
reviews: 78
4. Re: Downtown Kalamazoo

Probably the main attractions in the downtown area would be the Kalamazoo Institute of Arts and the Kalamazoo Valley Museum. I would also suggest the Air Zoo aviation museum, but that's actually on the fringes of Kalamazoo in Portage and would probably require a bit of effort to get to from downtown without the convenience of a car. Enjoy your day there!

Reply to: Downtown Kalamazoo
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted