We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toddler + Thanksgiving

Which Frankenmuth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 18
Toddler + Thanksgiving

My husband's family has been coming to Frankenmuth for literally decades for Thanksgiving, and we'll be staying at the Bavarian Inn from Wednesday through Friday again this year. We're pretty familiar with the town generally, but this year our son will be two and we're not sure how he'll fare with our typical routine, which in the past has mostly consisted of shopping and walking through the little stores along the main drag. I am having trouble envisioning this with a highly active toddler!

We know what the Inn itself has to offer (and unfortunately our son doesn't like swimming pools), but does anyone have any ideas on what might be open that a toddler might appreciate? We don't mind driving up to twenty or thirty minutes if necessary for something he might really enjoy. Everything that is coming up in my searches that looks like he would enjoy seems to have closed in October for the season. All help is appreciated! Even knowing where a nice local playground is would probably be helpful.

4 replies to this topic
Rochester Hills...
reviews: 69
1. Re: Toddler + Thanksgiving

November is a hard month as you say because many things are closed for the season.

At the Birch Run Outlet Mall there is an indoor bounce house (http://www.springbreakinc.net/).

Have you looked into Crossroads Village in Flint. My kids (2 & 5) love it. They will be open Nov 23-25. Check it out at www.geneseecountyparks.org/pages/Christmas. If you decide to go definitely buy your tickets online ahead of time so that you get the train times that you want. Lines can get long with the limited hours that they are open. The village also has a little amusement park area with a carousel (careful it goes REALLY fast) and some other small kids rides.

Although we've never been there is also a children's museum in Flint (http://www.flintchildrensmuseum.org/).

Depending on the weather, I am sure that the hotel conceirge can provide recommendations on local playgrounds/parks that you could go to as well.

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 18
2. Re: Toddler + Thanksgiving

Thank you for the response! We've driven through Flint but have never tried to go there before. I wouldn't have thought of it. Thanks!

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
reviews: 965
3. Re: Toddler + Thanksgiving

There is also a Children's Museum in Saginaw.

http://michildrensmuseum.com/

It appears they are open the day before and after Thanksgiving.

The Christmas lights will be turned on by then in Saginaw at City Hall, Waterworks Building (Water Treatment Plant), Courthouse. You might enjoy seeing these buildings if you decide to visit the children's museum.

Grand Rapids...
reviews: 13
4. Re: Toddler + Thanksgiving

There's a major Thanksgiving parade in downtown Detroit. It's a bucket list event for anyone with kids in SE Mich.

Reply to: Toddler + Thanksgiving
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frankenmuth