We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Here's what amazes me...

Which Detroit hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 15
Here's what amazes me...

We are less than two weeks away from Super Bowl XL, and I see only ONE post about it from someone who is coming with a huge group of people.

Doesn't that seem odd? I would think there would be much, much more chatter about SBXL...

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 8
21. Re: Here's what amazes me...

"Positive thinking will not make Detroit's ill's disappear. Positive action might, though. It is going to take significant hard work"

Agreed. But perpetuating Detroit's bad image to the world does nothing but work against the city. Positive action is much more likely to come from positive thinking than from negative thinking, don't you think?

Detroit
reviews: 82
22. Re: Here's what amazes me...

"Positive action is much more likely to come from positive thinking than from negative thinking, don't you think?"

Agreed and certainly so under most conditions. But, Detroit is such an outlier city that general rules of convention just don't seem to apply here.

All major United States urban cities have problems, but the degree that Detroit suffers is far worse. The "doom and gloom" attitude has perpetuated for such a long time, buffered by past false promises of "new starts", sub-par services, serious internal corruption etc., that most people have lost all trust in it's ability to truly revive. I would love to see Detroit improve, but based on what my eyes currently see (and have historically seen), I'm not ready to get too excited just yet.

The Super Bowl will TEMPORARILY boost the local economy. But, long term revival...................

Detroit, Michigan
23. Re: Here's what amazes me...

OK. Enough. To those who hijacked my post - stop. These are worthy topics for debate and action, but not here ... and not on this forum. Thanks.

AB

Detroit, Michigan
reviews: 8
24. Re: Here's what amazes me...

Sorry, AddieBee. I know we got off on a tangent. But your OP did ask about SBXL chatter - so I guess this kinda qualifies. To be honest, I'm surprised the TA monitors didn't close the thread earlier. They must be hanging out elsewhere.

I'm glad all went well with the Super Bowl and hope that everyone visiting Detroit had a great time. :o)

Detroit, Michigan
25. Re: Here's what amazes me...

That's ok. I thought it was getting a bit too testy, that's all.

My OP really wondered why we weren't getting more travel related questions, tho' I didn't spell that out. IE: places to eat, visit, etc.