We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
reviews: 34
West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

I'm taking my wife to a resort in West Yarmouth for her 50th birthday the weekend of 11/15-17/2013. I'm looking for suggestions on things to do in the area at that time of year...that is when we're not in the in-room Jacuzzi :)

She loves the ocean, though I can't seem to find any boat tours running that late in the year. Any lighthouses that are must-sees? Any suggestions would be great...thanks!

Edited: 7:11 pm, August 25, 2013
13 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 120
1. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

How far are you willing to stray from West Yarmouth? You many have to travel a bit around the Cape. Mid-November is kind of a slow time for activities.

cape cod
2. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

A few lighthouses you may want to check out: the Chatham light, in Chatham, (maybe you'll see some seals on the sand spit!) & the red and white Nauset light, at Nauset beach, at the National Seashore, in Eastham. (that is the lighthouse pictured on the bags of Cape Cod Potato chips!) You can see both by taking a drive/day trip, out that way, from West Yarmouth.

PS, happy 50th!

Edited: 7:57 pm, August 25, 2013
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 100
3. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

Just a quick correction - Nauset Light is at Nauset Light beach in Eastham (Nauset Beach is in Orleans)

Rhode Island
4. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

Howland, we're up for any ideas on the Cape...from the bridges to P-Town.

capelili, thanks for those suggestions...we'll probably be checking those out! Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Thanks also for the birthday wishes...trying to make this a great weekend for her.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 120
5. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

If you are interested in art you could visit the Provincetown Art Association and Museum. The Pilgrim Monument and Provincetown Museum is interesting. Also general strolling and shopping in Provincetown.

The town of Wellfleet is worth a visit. It is one of the best small towns on the Cape with a walkable downtown area with shops, restaurants and galleries. I am not sure how much will open in mid-November.

There are nature and hiking trails all over the Cape if you are interested in that. The National Seashore Salt Pond Visitor's Center in Eastham will be open then and is very interesting.

Cape Cod Light in Truro closes in mid-October so that is out.

Rhode Island
6. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

Great...thanks for the ideas!

Connecticut
reviews: 80
7. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

The Cape Cod Natural History Musuem is excellent.

Dover, New...
8. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

Funny, 2 of my girlfriends from kindergarten and I all turn 50 this year so we are going here to "get away"! the weekend before you are going! Hoping to find some things to do besides R&R! How about good restaurants?? Any suggestions??

Rhode Island
9. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

Can't tell you for sure, since we haven't been yet, but we plan on eating at DiParma's and Yarmouth House, which are both well reviewed and close to the resort. There is a well reviewed bar at the resort, so we'll be checking that out as well. Have fun!!

Boston...
reviews: 124
10. Re: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?

I agree with the above suggestions of places to eat. If you want to go to Hyannis, I'd also recommend Albertos.

Reply to: West Yarmouth area in November...things to do?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted