We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod: Lobster Roll

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod: Lobster Roll

We are travelling to The Cape in July from California. I am dying to try a Lobster Roll! Are there any good places at The Cape to get one? We will be staying the Yarmouth area but we don't mind driving.

I have read online that there are two kinds: one with mayo and with butter. We would like to try both (and my husband doesn't like mayo). So, a place that serves both kinds, or even two different places is fine. We are vacationing on the east coast, so we can eat lobster every day and that would be fine with me!

Thanks!

7 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
1. Re: Cape Cod: Lobster Roll

Input 'lobster rolls' into the search function as there was a big discussion last summer. I think it was decided that Arnold's in Eastham has a buttered version but most places use mayo though various degrees of it. Sesuit Harbor Cafe on the water inside the boat yard is one of the favorites for lobster rolls maybe because of the beautiful views. Outdoor dining only, BLD. BYOB and BYOC..cash. Poor for 'restrooms', otherwise yummy fun.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 104
2. Re: Cape Cod: Lobster Roll

PJ's on Route 6 in Wellfleet got the Food Channel award in 2011 for the best lobster roll .

3. Re: Cape Cod: Lobster Roll

Thanks for the replies!

cape cod
4. Re: Cape Cod: Lobster Roll

I'm with you,, I could eat lobster every day!! Lol!

You'll certainly have a great time sampling great lobster rolls here! The hot, buttered, version, is also known as Connecticut style (I've lived there,where it's more popular), on the Cape, the majority serve the cold, mayo version. Believe it or not, I've found both versions available during the summer months at the "99" restaurants. Enjoy!

Foxboro...
reviews: 6
5. Re: Cape Cod: Lobster Roll

Definitely go to The Raw Bar on Hyannis Harbor. Right on the water, on Ocean St. Sit on the upper deck and watch the boats and ferries come into the harbor. Largest lobster roll on the cape.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
6. Re: Cape Cod: Lobster Roll

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=lobster+rolls&scope=2&sub-search=Search&ff=369&geo=185492&returnTo=__2F__ShowForum__2D__g185492__2D__i369__2D__Cape__5F__Cod__5F__Massachusetts__2E__html

Lots of opinions on this. Here are the results (if this link is usable) from prior years and posts straight from inputting 'lobster rolls' in the search box above. Whoops, looks like it's a copy and paste. Sorry

Edited: 6:55 pm, May 26, 2013
7. Re: Cape Cod: Lobster Roll

Thank you all! This is a lot of good information! I can't wait to try them!!

Reply to: Cape Cod: Lobster Roll
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted