We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod: The Cove Yarmouth versus The Hampton Inn

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Cod: The Cove Yarmouth versus The Hampton Inn

Hi,

I have reservations at two hotels for July, and want to cancel one to free the rooms up. I'm not sure which hotel would be better for us. If you have any experience, suggestions would be helpful.

Two families travelling. Family 1 - two adults and two teenagers. Family - 2 three adults, a 5 year-old and a one-year-old.

I originally booked The Hampton Inn because I got a government discount and the rates were only $130 per night. The reviews said the hotel was new and clean and this was huge for me! Cleanliness is more important than size or location for me.

As the trip gets closer, I am a little concerned about the room size. My sister will be in the room with my family, so that means 3 adults and 2 children sharing one bathroom and a normal sized hotel room with 2 beds. I'm afraid we wont have room to walk or be able to put the baby to bed. I am now thinking perhaps The Cove is best since it has an upstairs room and a pull out sofa downstairs with 2 bathrooms. The Cove is about $190 per night, so not a huge difference.

I am concerned about The Cove's cleanliness and I have heard negative things about the parking lot. Also, the pull-out sofa may be too unpleasant for someone to sleep on.

Any thoughts? And, if you know of another place to stay that is in the $200 per night range, I would also consider another place. Everything is booking up fast!

Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
1. Re: Cape Cod: The Cove Yarmouth versus The Hampton Inn

Sometimes, if you provide your exact travel dates, forum regulars will suggest lodging after checking availability.

2. Re: Cape Cod: The Cove Yarmouth versus The Hampton Inn

Really??? How nice of people!! We are visiting July 17th - July 21st (but can leave on the 20th if Saturday night is booked).

We would have loved a house or condo, but being in the Cape for less than a week was the problem. :)

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
3. Re: Cape Cod: The Cove Yarmouth versus The Hampton Inn

capecodtravelguide.com/last_minute_specials

Okay, I see that the week you want to come to the Cape is already booked up for large parties and your price range. I tried a couple of my favorites and your dates are booked. I even decided to try a house with 5 bedrooms that you all could rent for a week and afford to stay for just half the week using $1600 as my total budget and still could find only one house after checking three rental sites.

You should have other suggestions coming in after a bit but meantime here is the link that will take you to last minute specials closer in. I agree with you that you have too many adults that you are trying to accommodate in one space.

If you find that the Cove is not clean enough I would just call and ask for more time to be spent cleaning your accommodations. The problem on the Cape in the summer is that the staff may be stretched too thin to give the cleaning the proper amount of time. Another thing is that someone may not have come in that day. If you see complaints from folks who traveled mid-Aug or later then staff who tell hotels that they will work through a certain time, may have ditched the job without notice to have some time for fun before they go back to college. It is a constant struggle for the innkeepers. Have you talked to the folks at the Cove, maybe the manager, about your concerns or the reviews that you have read? Doing so might go a long way to giving your peace of mind and some extra space as well.

Check back here for other responses that I hope you'll get.

4. Re: Cape Cod: The Cove Yarmouth versus The Hampton Inn

Thank you!! I agree The Cove is probably best between the two. I was only able to secure one room and the other family doesn't want to be at a different location. Ugh! I will keep trying The Cove and also check for last minute deals!

Reply to: Cape Cod: The Cove Yarmouth versus The Hampton Inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted