We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
reviews: 29
Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

Hello, I made dinner reservations at Chatham Bars Inn for our wedding anniversary but could not find accommodations in Chatham for just one night. I ended up booking a room at the Town' n Country Motor Lodge in West Yarmouth. Looking for opinions on whether this was a good call or not. I realize it's about a 35 minute ride between the two places (according to MapQuest) which doesn't bother me. I live about 2.5 hours away from Chatham so I definitely wanted to stay overnight. Are there decent places to have a few after dinner cocktails within walking/cab distance from the Town' N Country? Thanks in advance!

8 replies to this topic
Yarmouth, MA
1. Re: Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

Is there a reason you chose to stay in W. Yarmouth, and particularly at Town & Country, versus somewhere nearer to Chatham?

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
reviews: 4
2. Re: Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

Yeah, Yarmouth is a bit removed from Chatham Bars Inn and the Town & Country is a sort of 50's style old style motel/motor lodge...they have upgraded over the years, but it still has that feel. It's on a busy commercial strip in West Yarmouth. By cab, you could easily hit Main Street in Hyannis for some places to grab some drinks.

You might want to look at a place like the Tern Inn in Harwich. Not too far from Chatham.

www.theterninn.com/index.htm

Boston...
reviews: 115
3. Re: Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

I wouldn't stay at the Town and Country. It looks gross from the outside and very outdated. Plus, it is far from Chatham with cape traffic.

New Hampshire
4. Re: Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

I agree, I checked further on the reviews and it did look like a bad choice. I would like to stay closer to Chatham but I'm not really familiar with the area.

New Hampshire
5. Re: Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

Thanks it looked great and was in the price range I wanted but they require a 3 night minimum stay so no go.

Boston...
reviews: 115
6. Re: Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

I'm not sure when you're going to the cape, but if it's in the summer on a weekend, most places will have a 2 night minimum. Were you just wanting to stay one night? I'm not really familiar with hotels closer to the Chatham area.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
7. Re: Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

Okay, so how about this? Stay in Dennisport and get a reservation instead at the excellent Ocean House Restaurant. Google the restaurant and the area motels like Colony Beach Inn, Three Seasons, even Cutty Sark Motor Lodge for the lowest rates. The first two (and the restaurant) are ON the beach. Also, if you two enjoy raw oysters, you could start your evening with 'happy hour' oysters ($1 each) at nearby Oyster Co. then have dinner at The Ocean House where everything is good. The last meal I had there I selected the lobster ravioli and I was amazed at all the lobster in the dish. Then, if you are there a second night you could walk down to the classic New England seafood house, The Ebb Tide. Don't forget to visit their attached shop. Lunch could be lobster rolls (again within walking distance) from Wee Packet (full Irish breakfast is served here too) then, just pop around the corner to Sundae School for some homemade ice cream. Walking on the beach in the moonlight should top off your celebration.

Yarmouth, MA
8. Re: Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??

I'd go with CCCharlie's suggestion. The Ocean House is one of my faves for a special dinner. Preferable to Chatham Bars, IMHO.

Reply to: Dinner in Chatham, staying in W. Yarm @ Twn & Country--ok??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted