We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colonial Acres

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 13
Colonial Acres

Looking at some accommodation overlooking Colonial Acres Beach, anyone tell me what if anything is within walking distance. Looking for wee shops, cafes for a daily browse. We will have a car but would like to leave it behind sometimes.

Thanks

Rettie

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
1. Re: Colonial Acres

I don't know about wee shops as this is an area with lots of tacky tourist shops and old motels lining Rt 28 but there is the Keltic Kitchen that folks seem to love for an Irish breakfast in case you get homesick.

Edinburgh, United...
2. Re: Colonial Acres

Thanks. Not exactly into Irish, we're Scottish prefer tattie scone to soda bread on my plate LOL!

Don't mind what type of shops just somewhere for me to wander off to without having to drag hubby out & for somewhere we can both stroll to for lunch/dinner etc.

Yarmouth, MA
3. Re: Colonial Acres

Hi Rettie -

Sorry to say, Colonial Acres isn't really in an area where you can walk to shops, dining, etc. Everything you can imagine is nearby - just not within walking distance.

In West Yarmouth, there's no "town center". Shopping, dining, entertainment and activities are spread out along Route 28, the main road that parallels Nantucket Sound.

Although CapeCodCharlie describes the area as "tacky", I prefer to think of it as "family oriented". This part of the town of Yarmouth has an abundance of tee shirt shops, mini-golf courses, ice cream shops, and kid-friendly restaurants. But not many cute little shops and cafes.

Given your description of what you're looking for, and since it'll be just you and your hubby with no children in tow - West Yarmouth wouldn't be my first (or second or third) choice for you.

Have you considered any other towns or villages?

Edited: 10:10 pm, May 15, 2012
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 100
4. Re: Colonial Acres

Rettie - have you looked at Harwich at all? You can find accommodations either on or very close to the beach and walk to shops & restaurants.

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: Colonial Acres

Thanks Kendrick & Capecodvacay.

We really want to be right on beach, found quite a few in various places but not sure of their proximity to other things.

Will probably have to stress this to him, that if he wants beach we can't have walking to cafes etc.

There is a nice wee house in Onset I found early on over looking water but no beach right outside, says its a stroll to village. Will have another look around there.

Rettie

6. Re: Colonial Acres

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, February 08, 2014