We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Howard Johnson - is it really that bad

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north bay ontario
reviews: 3
Howard Johnson - is it really that bad

We are looking to stay at this property mainly because you can cancel 2 days prior if our plans change. Reviews are terrible so if anyone who has information on this property we would love to hear it.

6 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 110
1. Re: Howard Johnson - is it really that bad

Well, the latest review posted is 2 weeks ago & is headlined "horrible, unacceptable conditions" so I'd say it really is that bad. Why not check out the Hampton Inn? It has a 72 hour cancellation policy without penalty.

Yarmouth, MA
2. Re: Howard Johnson - is it really that bad

If it were my choice, I'd absolutely go with the Hampton Inn over the Holiday Inn.

That said, I have to ask... other than the ability to cancel 72 hours before arrival, what's your prime consideration in choosing your lodging? Location? Price? Amenities?

If you'll give us more details about what you're looking for, that'll help us to give you more helpful suggestions.

Hartford...
reviews: 41
3. Re: Howard Johnson - is it really that bad

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn down the road in Hayniss. It was clean and quite. Typically Holiday Inn... Nothing fancy but reasonable. I did drive past the Ho-Jo's edch day. It did not "appear" to be well maintained from a quick glance passing by. Good luck!

Edited: 1:20 am, May 01, 2012
Hartford...
reviews: 41
4. Re: Howard Johnson - is it really that bad

I just stayed at the Holiday Inn down the road in Hayniss. It was clean and quite. Typically Holiday Inn... Nothing fancy but reasonable.

Hyannis
reviews: 1
5. Re: Howard Johnson - is it really that bad

I just stayed at Howard Johnson in W. Yarmouth and it was BAD! I stayed one night and left the following day...the room and service was UNACCEPTABLE.

Yarmouth, MA
6. Re: Howard Johnson - is it really that bad

Oops ... sorry. Just noticed I said I'd take the Hampton over the Holiday Inn. And you were asking about the Ho-Jo's.

Re Ho-Jo's ... I wouldn't do it on a bet. But that's just my gut reaction, as I drive by and look at it.

Reply to: Howard Johnson - is it really that bad
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted