We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 24
Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

New to the mid-Cape area. Looking for suggestions for

- good pizza

- good casual seafood & steak restaurant

-good ice cream

We prefer casual places and reasonable prices.

Have teenagers, so good portion sizes are important.

Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
Bonaire
reviews: 137
1. Re: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

Welcome to mid Cape Cod. Here are some recs based on my personal experiences dining mid Cape. I don't eat steak so cannot comment and the places I have dined for great fish may be out of your budget and portion size request. I defer to others to chime in! :) I can attest to decent fried fish at Marathon, Kreme Kone and Captain Frosty's but CF has small portions.

- good pizza- George's in Harwichport

-good ice cream- Sundae School in D'Port or Ice Cream Smuggler in Dennis

Edited: 3:46 pm, April 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
2. Re: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

Since you are in West Yarmouth you are close to a wealth of restaurants located in Hyannis. One of my favorite casual restaurants is on the water and has two personalities. There is a casual side (dock shoes and polo shirt) and then a more casual (flip flops and tee shirt) side. Open for lunch and dinner. Baxter's Boat House ON the harbor. Watch the boats come and go. More options on the harbor and many more options on Main St.

Sorry to say that West Yarmouth has mostly mediocre food but there is a spot that folks talk about for breakfast. I cannot attest. That is Keltic Kitchen for an Irish farmhouse breakfast.

This is a good question. Maybe you'll drop a note when you return?

Have fun.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
3. Re: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

Oh also for pizza in Yarmouth you might really like Ardeo Mediterranean - www.ardeocapecod.com in South Yarmouth. Lunch and dinner.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
4. Re: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

www.braziliangrill-capecod.com/menu.html

There's been a lot said about this place where you can get your steak 'fix'.

Massachusetts
5. Re: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

Thank you CapeCodCharlie!

Great suggestions!

I will post where we end up going.

nys
reviews: 111
6. Re: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

For ice cream: Cape Cod Creamery is in South Yarmouth.

Toly's House of Pizza: in South Yarmouth (pizza, greek salad and subs) Has tables, but more of a take out place.

Ardeo: agree with previous poster, good for thin crust pizza, appetizers. There are often coupons for Ardeo in the free Cape books, like kids on the Cape.

Sesuit Harbor Cafe in Dennis for lobster rolls, lobster etc..

Seafood Sam's South Yarmouth for quick shrimp, fish etc.

Captain Parker's for chowder and fish, etc..

My kids like all of the above, and I consider them to be reasonably priced by Cape standards and decent portion sizes. You can check the menu prices online.

CCC mentioned Keltic Kitchen. We've gone there a lot for breakfast, and the breakfasts are huge. You won't need lunch.

Massachusetts
7. Re: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

Thanks Cedarvalley and Caribchakita!

More great suggestions. I'll check out menus onine.

Bonaire
reviews: 137
8. Re: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

In Hyannis I like Fazio's Trattoria and Island Merchant (not huge portions but fun vibe and menu).

Yarmouth, MA
9. Re: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?

I concur with the recommendation of Ardeo. It's one of my favorite restaurants in the area. I'm addicted to their shrimp bruschetta. And they have a mile high chocolate cake that is big enough to feed 4 people.

There are actually 4 different Ardeo restaurants on the Cape. One in Hyannis, one in Yarmouthport, one in South Yarmouth, and one in Brewster.

At each one the vibe, and the menu, is a little different. They're all very good, but I think the food quality at the Ardeo in Yarmouthport is better than the other three, with the Ardeo in Hyannis running a close second.

For pizza, lots of folks rave about Giardino's on Rt. 28 in West Yarmouth. It's a popular family restaurant with a wide variety of choices on the menu, in addition to pizza. I'm a big fan of Giardino's chicken marsala. The pizza, IMHO, is just okay. But as I said, others rave about it. (Pizza is such a personal preference kinda thing, it's tough to recommend!)

For pizza, our go-to spot in West Yarmouth is Taki's - a little place on Rt. 28 next to Iggy Biggy Kayak Rentals. Their pizza is chewy and gooey - just the way I like it. They also serve a fish sandwich that's one of the best you'll find anywhere on the Cape.

And for seafood (fried or broiled), there's another local favorite a little farther north on Rt. 28 called Jerry's Seafood. It's small and not at all fancy by any means. My hubby and I go there regularly, and we've never had a bad meal. Portions are big and the prices are very reasonable. If you happen to be there on a Friday, you can also get an enormous hunk of prime rib at a great price. (Get there early if you have your heart set on the prime rib!)

Finally, I have to mention the Cape Codder Fish Market, also on Rt. 28 in West Yarmouth. You can't eat there, but it's a fantastic place to go if you want a lobster feast for much less than you'll pay at a restaurant. If you're renting a house or cottage where you can eat in, or for a dinner picnic on the beach, call ahead, order your lobsters and steamers, and they'll cook them for you and have them all set for pick-up when you're ready. Their seafood is as fresh as can be, and their prices are really reasonable.

Reply to: Favorite restaurants, best pizza in West Yarmouth?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted