We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nauset beach from west yarmouth

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Albany NY
Level Contributor
126 posts
Nauset beach from west yarmouth

How far is Nauset beach from west yarmouth? We are staying near the seagull beach but thought Nauset looked quiet and natural...just wondering how far?

8 replies to this topic
South Chatham, MA
Level Contributor
481 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Nauset beach from west yarmouth

Not sure of exact distance (you can use Google Maps or similar to get that) but I'd highly suspect that during summer traffic, it could likely be at least about 45 min to an hour to get there...really depends on how close access you have to Rt 6 from your W Yarmouth location and if you use "back roads" to help.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
11,868 posts
49 reviews
2. Re: Nauset beach from west yarmouth

FYI, there are two beaches named Nauset. Nauset Beach in

Orleans.

Nauset Beach: Located at the end of Beach Road in East Orleans on the ocean side; restrooms and food available. Google Map to Nauset Beach.

and

Nauset Light Beach In Eastham " An oceanside beach maintained by the Cape Cod National Seashore; follow Brackett Road off of Route 6. This beach is idea for surfing and swimming, and has restrooms and showers available. Google Map to Nauset Light Beach."

Found this out when I biked to one and told my wife to pick me up on the way to Provincetown and she went to the other.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
2,920 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Nauset beach from west yarmouth

Well actually there is only one Nauset Beach, located in Orleans....but I can see how someone unfamiliar with the area might confuse Nauset Lighthouse Beach with Nauset Beach. The main differences, aside from the locations, are that you can use a Golden Pass at Nauset Lighthouse Beach, or if you pay for parking for a day, you can use the receipt to get you into any other National Seashore beach on the same day, and, Nauset Beach offers a concession stand and is favored by those who have permits to drive on the beach.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,661 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Nauset beach from west yarmouth

We were just there today. I guess it takes us about 20 min from Dennisport. Take a map (however sketchy) if you can or watch the signs carefully and head to east Orleans. The $15 parking fee will also get you into the other town beach and that is Skaket on the bayside if you want to check that out too. Nauset is well guarded. Take your boogie board and catch the terrific waves. The water is COLD but I didn't notice anyone wearing a wet suit today. Liams, right there on the sand is cooking up a variety of items including lots of seafood from 11 am to 8 pm. If you have any choice about when to go then look at the tide charts. Today low tide was at 4pm but we have been there when that was high tide and had to keep moving back along with everyone else making for cozy seating....lol. DO go to this beach. It's terrific. Have fun.

THOMASTON, CT
Level Contributor
74 posts
5. Re: Nauset beach from west yarmouth

cape cod charlie we are staying on swan pond next week, my son want to go to the beach with waves, we are thinking nauset is the closest. Does the the parking lot fill up early. We have not stayed on the cape for about 8 years and Nauset light would be full by 7 or 8 in the morning.

THOMASTON, CT
Level Contributor
74 posts
6. Re: Nauset beach from west yarmouth

cape cod charlie we are staying on swan pond next week, my son want to go to the beach with waves, we are thinking nauset is the closest. Does the the parking lot fill up early. We have not stayed on the cape for about 8 years and Nauset light would be full by 7 or 8 in the morning.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,661 posts
23 reviews
7. Re: Nauset beach from west yarmouth

You have a rental on Swan Pond? How wonderful. I hope I am not steering you wrong but we have never had a problem getting into the lot at Nauset Beach in East Orleans. Of course we always try to get there before noon. Another thing for you to check is the tides. If you have a choice do try to be there at low tide or 'park' your blanket and towels right up by the dune since there is not a lot of dry beach there at high tide. This is a great beach for you all. Hope you enjoy it.

Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
8. Re: Nauset beach from west yarmouth

nauset beach is worth the short ride. A couple of suggestions. stop and buy a cheap pair of water shoes at Christmas tree/Job Lot. Bring a boogie board. Sometimes between the cold water and the rocky bottom your feet can take too much abuse. also stay the heck away from the seals when your in the water, admire them from a distance, like the shore :). Nauset is a great beach, be careful don't dive into the waves, and always respect the power of the ocean. Have fun

Reply to: Nauset beach from west yarmouth
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted