We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

Which West Yarmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, England
reviews: 10
Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

Hi,

We have a couple of prices for these two accommodations for 4 nights starting 11th August. Looking at the maps, the two are fairly close to each other and the prices are virtually identical.

Just wondering which one would be recommended by people in the area and/or who have stayed at either property.

Also, would be grateful for advice on how far the beach is (understand that the Bayside has it's own beach area - is there complimentary transport provided?).

Many thanks.

Boston...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

Go with the Bayside Resort, Tony. There's nothing bad about the Hampton Inn, but it is just a hotel. The Bayside has more to offer, and will provide you with a more enjoyable experience overall.

Also, the Bayside doesn't have it's own beach. It's just a piece of land that they made to feel like a beach. It's just beach sand, beach chairs, a fire pit, and a nice view of the marsh and water. It's not a swimming beach. Sea Gull Beach is a great beach for swimming. It's just a 10 minute drive from the Bayside. I think it costs $15 to park there.

Wigan, England
2. Re: Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

Thanks for the reply and advice - much appreciated.

Acushnet...
reviews: 28
3. Re: Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

I agree to go with the Bayside Resort. It's a great place to stay. I've been there about 5 times over the past 2 years and am going again this weekend. Bayside has a complimentary breakfast each morning, just like the Hampton Inn. They do not have items such as scrambled eggs, bacon, etc... that you would find at the Hampton, but they have a great make your own waffle area, some healthy options such as yogurt and fruit, and a much nicer appeal overall. There is also coffee/drinks available in the breakfast area at all times of the day. They have an indoor pool, game room, and bar on site also.

I wouldn't consider Bayside Resort's beach a beach. It's nice to sit outside by the firepit in the chairs they provide, but I also recommend Seagull Beach. I think Seagull Beach is about 3 miles from the Bayside, although in the summer traffic, it can take 20+ minutes to get there when using Rt.28.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 20
4. Re: Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

I've stayed at Bayside. Nice, clean, you may want to request a room that faces the 'beach' toward the back of the property. (Agree with the descriptions above of the beach at the property Don't know if they have a shuttle. We drove to beaches.

Wigan, England
5. Re: Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

Thanks again for the replies. Didn't realise that the beach the resort website referred to was riverside and not on the seafront - I thought they had a private stretch of beach near to Seagull Beach!!

Boston, MA
reviews: 7
6. Re: Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

Both nice properties. I might lean towards the Hampton due to being a new property. I guess it depends on what you prefer. If you want more comfortable accommodations (mattress, newer room, etc) I would go with the Hampton. Bayside will feature more amenities (larger pool, bar, etc.). It's certainly a stretch for the Bayside to call their property a beach.

anywhere
reviews: 13
7. Re: Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

It's too late now, but if I were you for future reference stay at The Cove At Yarmouth next door to Bayside. You will get a full loft condo and planned activities with onsite restaurant/bar with live music, indoor/outdoor pools, indoor/outdoor tennis, health club, steam, sauna, hot tubs, raquet balls/squash courts, grills on premisis for you to use and planned activities all day if you wish to participate vs with Bayside you don't get nearly as much. I know the Cove is completely brand new inside too. In order to book, you have to go directly through their website or call.

8. Re: Bayside Resort vs Hampton Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 pm, August 25, 2013