We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 4
P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

Hello,

I will be traveling from Boston to Provincetown for one night mid-September. I am on a backpackers budget so I cannot get the express ferry to Provincetown.

I have narrowed it down to P&B Bus from Boston direct to Provincetown or taking the Cape Flyer (as it has been extended to Columbus Day) to Hyannis and then the shuttle bus to Ptown.

Which would be the preferred method of transport and the most convenient?

Thank you in advance.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 62
1. Re: P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

The train doesn't run midweek so I guess it will be the bus.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
2. Re: P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

How did you determine it was mid-week?

Boston...
reviews: 152
3. Re: P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

Personally I'd rather just be on the same mode of transport the whole time, so I'd take the bus.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 62
4. Re: P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

Ooops. I read mid-sept but registered mid week. Sorry!!!!

boston, ma
reviews: 24
5. Re: P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

You are better off taking P&B bus the whole way. If you took the Cape Flyer to Hyannis, you would have the option of taking the P&B bus from Hyannis to P'town (not sure of connections) which would be about as expensive as taking the bus the whole way, maybe more, or taking the local CCRTA bus which is only $2.00 but requires an additonal change in Orleans and takes about three hours. (Think of a local transit bus route that's 50 miles long.) It's not worth the money you would save.

Edited: 9:07 am, August 27, 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 29
6. Re: P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

Agree with everyone that it would be more convenient to take P&B for the entire trip. P&B has just posted their schedule effective September 7 and will be down to 2 buses daily on that route.

London, United...
reviews: 4
7. Re: P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

Thank you very much everyone for such useful advice - especially the change in schedule.

8. Re: P&B Bus to Ptown from Boston or Cape Flyer/Trolley?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Provincetown