We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sleepy Hollow, New...
reviews: 3
Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

We are throwing a bachelorette party for my friend in Provincetown. My mom lives in Orleans, and we figured it would be a really fun girls weekend to get away and go to Provincetown to party a bit. I realize that Provincetown is very inclusive of all types of people, but I also would like to avoid offending anyone with a straight bachelorette party. IE; I don't want to bring everyone to a gay club, where gay people are trying to have a good time and here comes a bunch of (mildly) drunk straight girls in tiaras. We are in our late 20s, so we aren't looking to black out, but we are looking for a good time. Any suggestions for the best restaurants for dinner? Bars for drinking? Shows? Karaoke?

I'm just trying to be respectful to the gay community while also offering my straight girlriends and really fun time in a city that I love!

14 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown
reviews: 95
1. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

I don't really have a place to suggest, but i would advise caution. There have been some rather heated forum discussions about girls visiting predominately gay spots to attend a drag show and disturbing the regulars. It sounds as if you are not going to be that type, but just please be aware. You might consider the Governor Bradford.

Branford...
reviews: 11
2. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

I was also going to suggest the Governor Bradford, it definitely appeals to a mixed crowd, offers drag karaoke every night, anyone that wants to can participate and all have a good time.

MA
reviews: 13
3. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

I third the Governor Bradford, totally inclusive fun drag karaoke. I would start the night out with drinks at the Harbor Lounge, beautiful bar with large windows overlooking the harbor (duh). The crown and anchor is a fun piano bar, but a bit more laid back than I imagine for a bachelorette. If you're heading there during the summer then I wouldn't worry too much about planning ahead - there will be people advertising shows/bars/clubs out in the streets and it will be pretty obvious which ones you are welcome at. Just be respectful and don't be an idiot (http://behindbarsinprovincetown.com/?p=144) and you will be fine. have fun!

Provincetown...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
reviews: 19
4. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

I also would say the Governor Bradford. If eating, I like Fanizzi's.

Branford...
reviews: 11
5. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

Hot'L Bar & Grille (the old Michael Shays) is also a good spot for a Sunday brunch party, happy hour, bar and dinner menus; they also have plenty of on-site parking.

Sleepy Hollow, New...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

This is all great information! Thank you. If anyone can tell me where NOT to take my friends, that would also be helpful haha. thanks again!

Long Island, NY
reviews: 49
7. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

I would definitely avoid the Atlantic House (A-House) and club Purgatory - these are pretty exclusively gay venues and you'd probably stick out there. I know I have personally been annoyed by the behavior of certain bachelorette parties at the A House.

I think the Wave bar should be another spot you gals might like too. Its free to get in and has an indoor and outdoor area to hang out. Tea Dance at the boat slip might also be another place you could check out.

Provincetown
reviews: 21
8. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

I just found your question, so I hope i'm not answering to late.You can rent a small bus with a good sound system and a lot of tunes and ride through the streets in a party bus, down Commercial Street, the main drag of PTown (pun intended, of course) Contact the Funk Bus at 508 487-0111, see website at thefunkbus.com Even last-minute arrangements can often be made.

If you want a really unique experience consider the sunset dune tour. You'll ride in Chevy Suburbans in a "wagon train" along with other folks in other Suburbans , about 6 or 8 passengers per vehicle, and have a guided tour through some amazing countryside. You'll stop on top of a huge dune with the folks in other vehicles for an amazing view, time enough to have a glass or two of wine (check and see if they allow glass containers, a box of wine might be better) and from there the wagon train proceeds down onto a fairly private stretch of beach and your party can have a spot away from all the others, whether you have 6 people or 20 (or more) and you can relax on a beach blanket (provided) and have a little wine and cheese or bring a whole dinner with you to enjoy while you watch the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean, or the dune tour company can bring a whole clambake along and serve you a full lobster dinner on the beach, other dinners available if someone doesn't want seafood. You'll spend about an hour on the beach and then drive back over a dune into town, finishing your tour right across the street from the Governor Bradford, where you can order drinks and join in with the karaoke crowd led by a drag queen., but a crowd that's often fairly straight, and always fun, whoever shows up.

You could also plan to see Miss Richfiekd 1981, one of the funniest shows on the planet, at the Crown and Anchor at 9 PM, serving drinks during the show. You may want to reserve a section of the porch or patio for your group to have dinner there, and they will reserve a section of seats for the show for you as well. Call the Crown and Anchor at 508 487-1430. The Crown is a hotel/show bar/restaurant/nightclub complex all in one. Just avoid the Vault. You and everyone else would be very uncomfortable if you walked into that bar.

Sounds like you might be planning to stay a night? Or two? Ask about the Sizzling Summer Special when you call the Crown and Anchor, though you're probably planning a weekend, which will be harder and costlier to arrange at this late date. Try the Harbor Hotel, a more mixed crowd where you all may be more comfortable hanging around the pool than you would perhaps be at the Crown's pool. The shuttle bus goes right by Harbor Hotel about every half hour to bring you back and forth from the center of town where the Crown and Anchor Complex is, so no one has to drive after drinking.,and they have parking for your cars at the Harbor Hotel, which the Crown does not.

So if you're here for a weekend, dune tour and dinner on the beach (whether you take your own picnic or have the dune tour clambake) followed by karaoke at the Governor Bradford one night, and dinner and a show and the wave bar after, all at the Crown and Anchor on another night, or somewhere in there you might want to rent the Funk Bus. The Surf Club is another spot where you'd probably enjoy a few drinks, sometimes with live music, but don't eat there - decidedly average (or worse) food at a staggering price, but a less gay crowd at the bar and probably fun for you.. The Squealing Pig is another possibility for dinner and drinks, an Irish pub with good pub-style food, and after a few drinks you could move up the street to the Governor Bradford for karaoke and more drinks, or on to the Crown and Anchor to see Miss Richfield. If you stay a night or two you may want to consider hiring the Funk Bus so no one has to drive after drinking. Hope this is helpful. You can read my blog, TheYearRounder's Guide to Provincetown, found at ptownyearround.com, to read reviews of other restaurants and shows. Have fun, and best wishes to the bride! TheYearRounder

Long Island, NY
reviews: 49
9. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

I don't know if anyone wold enjoy diving around the rather narrow and very crowded streets of Ptown

cape cod
10. Re: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA

Great suggestions, post #8, for a great time!

Reply to: Fun party spots for a bachelorette party in Provincetown, MA
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted