We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 31
Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

I'm staying in Mashpee for the week of July 4th. I'm looking into different options of going into Boston every day, Monday-Wednesday. We are planning on doing the trolley tours, etc.

Question:

1. If I drive up to Provincetown to take the fast ferry to Boston, what does it cost to park, and how long the drive? Is it worth it on a Monday drive in versus maybe taking the bus from Hyannis?

2. Where does it dump you off in Boston exactly. Near where the trolley comes?

3. Any other good options for getting to Boston? $$ are really not an option. Just want to have the best time with the littlest amount of driving time.

Thanks.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
1. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

Why don't you just drive to Boston? It will take you less time than driving to Provincetown.

Boston...
reviews: 119
2. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

This is a not a good plan. You want to drive or take other transportation back and forth from the cape to Boston 3 times? You should just stay close to Boston or in Boston if you want to do this. It'll be well over an hour drive without traffic each way. Driving to P-town and then taking the boat will probably take even longer.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
3. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

Not probably.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
4. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

Also, when you take a look at the ferry schedule you will probably see that the times are not convenient for what you want to do as the ferry schedule is atuned to folks coming from and returning to Boston for a day trip and not the other way around. The only two good options is to drive from Mashpee (at least you are close to the bridge) or as pointed out earlier, stay in Boston for a day or so. Enjoy your holiday.

Houston, Texas
5. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

Thanks for all your comments. I had pretty much decided that was a worthless thought.

cape cod
6. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

If $$$ isn't an option, you can take a limo!

:)

Houston, Texas
7. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

Love all the lovely thoughts!!

Ok, so the bus from Hyannis? What about that option? If not the bus, where is the closest subway station with parking?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
8. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

Yes you can take the bus from the Hyannis transportation center nearby the airport. This will add time to the commute you are planning, but yes you certainly can do it.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 57
9. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

You could drive partway ... Park at a red line station in Quincy and take the subway's red line from there.

Houston, Texas
10. Re: Cape Cod/Boston Bound for the 4th

AH HA! That is what I needed to know. How bad is the commute into Boston on Mondays? Anything as bad as Houston?!?