We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurants

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 137
New Restaurants

Visitors to Provincetown this season will have a few new dining choices. The one that I am most excited about is that Mac Hay from Wellfleet (Mac’s Shack and Mac’s on the Pier) has taken over the old Clem & Ursie’s/Townsend’s) on Shankpainter Road. It will be a combination Seafood Deli/Take-Out and sit-down restaurant. The seafood/deli market will open first and the restaurant some time later. Mac’s other ventures are first rate and this should be a great addition to the town.

Unfortunately, one of my favorites, Tip for Top’s is gone, and has been taken over by Devon’s owner, Devon Ruesch.

P’town Café at 256 Commercial is now open with coffee, lattes, pastries and bagels. The Canteen at 225 Commercial is also new.

Lorraine’s Mexican restaurant has closed and the space will become the new home of Joon

Uma Loucura (Portuguese for crazy) is a new Brazilian food stand in the Aquarium Mall currently open on weekends.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 62
1. Re: New Restaurants

Funny after I read the title but before I opened the thread the first think I thought was " I wonder if there is something in the Clem & Ursie's space".

Sad to see Tips for Tops'n go but hope the new owner will keep it a restaurant, preferably one that serves breakfast I don't want it to become a store ( like Stormy Harbor did) or condos (Silva's, The Moors) and probably others that I have forgotten about.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
2. Re: New Restaurants

Is Blondie's Burgers still around? For some reason, it is my teen son's favorite.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
3. Re: New Restaurants

Blondie's was there on October 1, 2012. It is very good.

Tips will stay a restaurant. Devon Ruesch is the owner of Devon's Restaurant at 401 1/2 Commercial.

http://www.devons.org/

His new place will be called "Devon's Deep Sea Dive" and is scheduled to open May 31. I hope it won't be a real "dive!"

cape cod
4. Re: New Restaurants

Glad to see something at Clem & Ursie's, as they are missed.

Edited: 9:50 am, May 14, 2013
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
5. Re: New Restaurants

I know people who used to come up Route 6 on their way to the beach and would stop by at Clem & Usrie's for beach food. It was an easy stop off. Townsend's just didn't maintain the reputation it had when it was at Cabral's Wharf and it didn't have the take-out. It looks as if Mac Hay will fill that need. His places in Wellfleet are great. About time he came to Provincetown!.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
6. Re: New Restaurants

Will Mac's sell fresh fish? If yes I will check it out this weekend :). I am a hufe fan of Cape Tip in Truro for fresh fish and cooked lobster and that is where our annual sping lobsterfest will be purchases. .... but i am happy to check out a new business, especially one with an established reputation. It is always nice to have options.

Never got beach food at C&Us but when my kids were very young we got take out there and when they got just a bit older it was tradition for us to have a meal there before driving home. I do miss it.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
7. Re: New Restaurants

I think that he will sell fresh fish, but you had better wait a bit to visit. He is planning to open in June.

Long Island, NY
reviews: 51
8. Re: New Restaurants

Thanks for the update, will be heading two Ptown in 2 months.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
9. Re: New Restaurants

If you try any of the new places please give us a report. I won't there until September.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
10. Re: New Restaurants

Blondie's has moved. Opposite side of street, few doors up. In the building where Ben & Jerry's is (was?). Drive by tonight in the dark. Will check it out in tomorrow.

I am here for the weekend but will gather with friends and eat in. We don't do much "restauranting" on this trip. We save that on our longer trip in the summertime.