We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there much open this weekend of May 2nd - 5th?

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Weehawken, NJ
reviews: 2
Is there much open this weekend of May 2nd - 5th?

I've only been in P-Town during summer. I was looking around online and noticed a few B&Bs opened on May 1st. I was considering a last minute trip up this Thursday for the weekend. How is business on Commercial Street? Is everything opened, or some places? I know everything usually kicks into gear for Memorial Day weekend. Would I be better off waiting?

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 134
1. Re: Is there much open this weekend of May 2nd - 5th?

Some businesses will be open and some restaurants are open year-round. It will be much, much quieter than during the summer. If the weather is good for the weekend there will be some people out, but the ferry is not yet running so that cuts down on tourists.

boston, ma
reviews: 24
2. Re: Is there much open this weekend of May 2nd - 5th?

Many restaurants and some shops will be open. Hot L Grill, Fanizzi, Mews, Napi's, Ross' Grill, Ten Tables, and Jimmy's Hideaway are places that I know are open. This past weekend there were a surprising number of people on Commercial St. (which is being repaved, by the way). Many but not all shops will be open. Clubs are largely open.

Weehawken, NJ
reviews: 2
3. Re: Is there much open this weekend of May 2nd - 5th?

Thanks for the updates. I think I may wait until the warmer months. I don't mind a slow season, but would rather have better weather for swimming, etc. Thanks again.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
4. Re: Is there much open this weekend of May 2nd - 5th?

Just click the month and this website will tell you what's doing....at least many and there should be more... http://www.celebrateprovincetown.com/

5. Re: Is there much open this weekend of May 2nd - 5th?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 01, 2014