We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a cheap place

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sofia, Bulgaria
Need a cheap place

Hey everybody,

I willl work in Provincetown this summer , the problem is that i need a cheap place to stay couz I am going to work as a waiter so Im searching something between 150$ and 300$ per week. I will be very thankful if you help me with some sort of information

16 replies to this topic
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown
reviews: 95
1. Re: Need a cheap place

Usually the employer helps to arrange accommodations for their employees. Have you asked? There is the Outermost Hostel. You could try there.

http://outermosthostel.com/

Also there are some campgrounds you could try.

Sofia, Bulgaria
2. Re: Need a cheap place

I've asked but they told me that i have to find a place myself when i arrive.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown
reviews: 95
3. Re: Need a cheap place

In recent years there have been many people from your country working in Provincetown. I do not know where they stay. Some employers do have rooms available. Do you know anyone else who is coming to work?

You could contact the Chamber of Commerce and tell them about your problem. Perhaps they know of something.

info@ptownchamber.com

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
4. Re: Need a cheap place

Ptown is one of the most expensive spots on the Cape to find accommodations. In addition to looking there you could also try Wellfleet. There is shuttle transportation from the other Outer Cape towns to Ptown. While you are searching for lodging you might just continue to look for another job, one where the employer has housing options for staff. While I doubt you could spend the summer at the hostel you might want to see if you can book a week or two there for starters. Good luck.

Sofia, Bulgaria
5. Re: Need a cheap place

thanks a lot

Sofia, Bulgaria
6. Re: Need a cheap place

Im also searching for another job and i hope that i will earn enough money to pay my rent , I will try to talk with my employees again. Thanks :)

Boston, MA
reviews: 2
7. Re: Need a cheap place

Two other thoughts:

Through Facebook, you may be able to find potential apartment roommates or landlords in Provincetown.

Also, if you're a UAB student, ask someone who works at the University for help, or names of other students already working in Provincetown, or who have worked here in years past.

Good luck!

Miami Beach, Florida
reviews: 21
8. Re: Need a cheap place

You could contact the Provincetown Chamber of Commerce www.ptownchamber.org to see if they have any suggestions for employee housing.

If you look for housing outside Provincetown, there is a very convenient summer shuttle between Provincetown and North Truro which will run every 30 mins from 9:00am to midnight. www.capecodrta.org.

In addition there is also the Flex bus that connects Provincetown to Harwichport via Truro, Wellfleet, Eastham and Orleans. Their last bus already leaves Provincetown at 5:30am and may not be complementary to a waiter's schedule.

Sofia, Bulgaria
9. Re: Need a cheap place

thanks

Sofia, Bulgaria
10. Re: Need a cheap place

Im searching in facebook and i ask at the uniersity but they are probably the dumbest people ever , they just didnt help me at all. Thanks for the advise :)

Reply to: Need a cheap place
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted