We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ptown wedding ideas??

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 9
Ptown wedding ideas??

My girlfriend and I are planning to have a very small (4-6 guests) ceremony in late July. Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice venue, possibly with a garden setting? I was looking into the wedding package offered by the Brass Key - has anyone ever attended a wedding there? Also, I'd like some suggestions for an elegant, romantic dinner for us and our guests following the ceremony. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown
reviews: 95
1. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

For an elegant, romantic dinner I recommend The Red Inn.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 51
2. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

Howland ... the Red Inn was the first thing that popped into my mind, but I was reluctant to mention it because I haven't been there in many years!!! I haven't been avoiding it or anything, I just I don't believe it's an appropriate place to take kids and I haven't had many opportunities to travel without them.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown
reviews: 95
3. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

I haven't seen any decline in the Red Inn recently either personally or in reviews from others. Seems like a perfect place for a small, celebratory dinner.

A second choice would be the Mews. Victor's could be a possibility. With a small group you could sample many items from the tapas menu.

reviews: 9
4. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

I've heard great things about the Mews. Is the Red Inn walking distance from the Brass Key or would we need a car?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 51
5. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

The two are about a mile apart. BUT you and your new spouse might want to hire a pedi cab to take the two of you ... I've seen this done, complete with a "just married" sign on the back and trailing tin cans. You'll get LOTS of smiles and well wishes from people along the way. It's SO cool!!!

The Red Inn has a parking lot ... but it sometimes fills up.

As you probably know, parking in Provincetown in July can be a challenge at times ... so if all your guests can do the mile walk, it's certainly an option.

boston, ma
reviews: 14
6. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

You might also consider Lands End Inn. They are in the same price range as the Brass Key and they have very nice grounds for a garden wedding. Incidentally, they are only about a block from the Red Inn restaurant. Another restaurant suggestion, besides the Mews, is Jimmy's Hideaway.

Edited: 1:28 pm, December 08, 2012
NJ
reviews: 60
7. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

Lands End/The Red Inn would be really lovely. Highly recommended. I love The Mews, too, but The Red Inn would be a better fit for elegant and romantic.

I ave not been to a wedding at Brass Key, but the grounds can't compare to Lands End, which is stunning with huge views from their grounds.

Congratulations, and enjoy!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 13
8. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

Not to steer you away from TA, but I have found the Knot website to be very helpful for wedding planning.

Connecticut
reviews: 44
9. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

Lands End is a dreamy, beautiful place for your nuptials. The Red Inn is a lovely place to have the celebratory dinner. It's an easy walk from one to the other.

Brass Key is more of a Yuppie hideaway than a romantic setting. We all define romance differently, of course, but Lands End is simply wonderful.

10. Re: Ptown wedding ideas??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 17, 2014