We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12th Anniversary in Provincetown

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
reviews: 8
12th Anniversary in Provincetown

My husband and I are planning on spending our 12th anniversary in Provincetown the week of Sept. 17. We will be spending 2 nights, 3 days. I have never been to Cape Cod and neither has my husband and we look forward to spending our special day in what I hear is a beautiful place. I was wondering if the restaurants are open on Mondays (which is when we arrive)? I ask because where I live (in Connecticut) many restaurants and shops are closed on Mondays. Any recommendations on restaurants would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and what is the night life like there? :) Thanks so much.

boston, ma
reviews: 21
1. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

Restaurants will be open on Monday. September is still the season. After Labor Day some restaurants do close one or two days a week, but not all close on the same days. You won't have a restaurant problem. My favorites are Fanizzi's, the Mews, dalla Cucina (expensive but very good), Ten Tables, and Jimmy's Hideaway. If you plan on a special anniversary dinner, I recommend Jimmy's. Other good restaurants include Devon (also expensive), Edwige, Napi's, Front Street, and Victor's. There will be a number of shows still running and clubs and bars will be open but Labor Day marks a big change in what's available so you need to get a copy of Provincetown Magazine (free at many locations) when you get here to find out the latest schedules.

Edited: 5:51 pm, July 28, 2012
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 104
2. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

The restaurants is the previous post by wbp657 are all good places. I especially like Victor's. Napi's is a bit different and interesting. The Red Inn is a very special place with great water views that would be perfect for a special occasion.

Connecticut
reviews: 8
3. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

Thank you so much for the information wbp657 and Howland Owl. I am so excited for this trip. Really looking forward to ti.

boston, ma
reviews: 21
4. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

The Red Inn has been one of the better restaurants in town for a long time but this season I've heard rather mixed reviews about it. It is a great location tho.

Long Island, NY
reviews: 49
5. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

While the views are incredible of the bay at the Red Inn, they charge 5 star prices and offer maybe 4 star food. And the uppity attitude of the staff including requiring a credit card to get a reservations all but turn one off from the place. Stick to wbp657 for a good list to choose from.

Edited: 8:14 am, July 31, 2012
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 104
6. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

ForestGal, pick a few places that look interesting to you and then study the reviews of each one. Keep in mind that no matter how good a place is some people will not like it and no matter how bad, some will like it. Restaurants, like people, have on-days and off-days. The lower level of the Mews is also lovely with a great view and great food (but I am sure that some will object to that place also).

Connecticut
reviews: 46
7. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

I think when picking restaurants, just as in picking lodgings, we all seek different things. When it comes to food, I want an adventure, a hedonistic journey... I want to feel like I'm eating food I'm too lazy and inept to make myself. I love Edwige At Night for their playfulness & romance, I love The Mews because it's vibrant & usually consistent, I love Front Street because I've never had anything short of perfect set before me, I love Victor's because I can dabble in multiple tapas instead of a one-meal commitment, and I love Napis because they're funky, warm and generous with their portions. I avoid the Lobster Pot, Bubalas, Ciro & Sal's and Patio because the food, the service, or both, were ruined for me in all four. Give me magic, or I'll just eat at Lucky Dog or Frappo66. With lodging, I opt for a place more beautiful (and sadly, tidier) than my own house: Seasons, because it's like a second home to me when I'm in P-town. Everything's so pitch-perfect to my needs and comfort levels. Some people prefer the anonymity of hotels & motels, some people go the other end wanting hottubs, 2000-thread count sheets and personal pillow-flippers (because the cold side of the pillow is best!). Regardless, look into all the restaurants we've all suggested here (most have webpages & all have TA reviews in multiplicity), and pick the ones you most think fit you & your tastes. My "Must Do"s have been borne of years of experimenting. Some places dropped off my list, replaced by others, as my tastes or needs altered. You won't necessarily adore everything, but I doubt you'll hate anything you choose if you just research a bit first. Enjoy your visit!

reviews: 12
8. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

Velocityboy.....Gee we've missed you on this board. All of your responses are so right on and thoughtful. Just thought you might like to know....love reading your posts.

Connecticut
reviews: 46
9. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

Thank you!

10. Re: 12th Anniversary in Provincetown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 07, 2013