We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vlaardingen, The...
reviews: 5
Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

This summer we travel with a motorhome and would like to park in Provincetown, among others a the harbour for whale watching. Our motorhome is 30 feet. Is it possible to park there?

Thank you.

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 13
1. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

Parking is very limited in Provincetown and the streets are quite narrow and crowded. Duarte Parking will take oversized vehicles and isn't in the densest part of town. It's a pay lot and if it's full, you would be out of luck. A park-and-ride would be another option. Here's more info on both: provincetown.com/transportation_ma/…

boston, ma
reviews: 21
2. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

There is a parking lot on Jerome Smith Rd. that is used by tour busses. I have seen motor homes parked there too. It is near Shank Painter Rd.

Boston...
3. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

I would recommend that you avoid driving through Provincetown center by the harbor at all costs. Most summer days it's hard for a regular auto to get down the narrow street.

Stay on Rt. 6 until you get to the turnoffs for the parking lots.

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 104
4. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

You could park at the Province Lands Visitor's Center for a while if you just want to look for whales in the ocean. If you want to leave the motorhome while you take a whale watch cruise then Duarte's parking lot on Bradford at Standish is where you should leave it.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 53
5. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

Plan on getting to Duarte's very early.

I've too seen motorhomes in on Jerome St, not far from teh skateboard park. It would be about 10-15 minute walk from there to the part of town wehre you get the whale watches.

Where on the Cape are you staying? Any chance of leaving the motor home there for a day and renting a car?

Savannah, GA
reviews: 47
6. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

Depending on where you are staying, you could take the bus to Provincetown.

http://www.capecodrta.org/

Vlaardingen, The...
7. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

Thank you for your replies: I have looked up Duarte and Jerome Smith Rd on Google Maps. Both look appropriate, but according to your answers, I understand that I may run the risk that both parkings are full. Moreover, the traffic might be too busy. Do you think that I run a risk of getting a penalty for parking an oversized car?

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 53
8. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

Duarte's is a private lot. If they don't want you, they won't let you in ... I dont't know if I'd call it a 'penalty', but you will probably pay more than a car.

Check out this link. Duarte's phone number is at the bottom:

provincetown.com/transportation_ma/…

Another idea ... motor homes often park for a day at the beach at Herring Cove Beach. You could park there and take the shuttle into town, but you need to get there early.

Vlaardingen, The...
9. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

Dear all, thank you for your suggestions. I have been there last August and there was plenty of space at the Jerome Smith Road, which was about 5 minutes walking to the shopping streets. Make sure that you have enough dollar coins, as you have to pay in a ticket machine. Parking lots were available for trucks, buses and motorhomes.

conn
reviews: 105
10. Re: Parking a motorhome in Provincetown

If you come in the morning parking should be plentiful. Don't try to drive down Commercial St. downtown. There is a lot close to Rt 6 that takes larger vehicles.