We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

only 1 day , whats should i do.........

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
england
reviews: 8
only 1 day , whats should i do.........

Hi Guys

Only got the 1 day in Provincetown, any suggestions as to things to do and see , must does, and may be not to do, so as we make the very most of our very short time staying, we are staying at Prince Albert Guest House

164-166 Commerical Street

so also anywhere nice close by to eat in the evening

Many thanks

Ann

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
1. Re: only 1 day , whats should i do.........

If you are arriving soon then the most spectacular item for many is to take a whale watch. If that is not your cup of tea then check out Art's Dune's Tours which offers a couple of different ways/times to enjoy the area. Lots of folks like to see the PIlgrim exhibition though it is tucked away in the back of the museum or just climb the Pilgrim monument for a great view on a clear day. Stroll Commercial St for the tacky and the tasteful shops and there are many places to dine in Ptown. Just put Provincetown into the search field and you'll find all sorts of advice on it all.

Bonaire
reviews: 136
2. Re: only 1 day , whats should i do.........

Victors for dinner for sure..

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 61
3. Re: only 1 day , whats should i do.........

Another vote for Art's Dune Tours.

And try to make your way to the Cape Cod National Seashore's visitor's center at Race Point ... pretty views and info to?

Are you driving? If yes, be sure to visit Highland Light and consider stopping at Marconi Beach on your way to or from P-town .... it's one of my favorite. ;)

boston, ma
reviews: 24
4. Re: only 1 day , whats should i do.........

There are a number of good restaurants in P'town. Near the Prince Albert, I would recommend Jimmy's Hideaway or Enzo. A whale watch or Art's Dune Tours would kill some afternoon hours, but if you're more athletically inclined, you could rent some bikes and hit the National Seashore bike trails or you could visit the monument and climb to the top for some great views. There's also a museum at the monument. Of course, people watching on Commercial St. can take up some time. There are bars and clubs. Pick up a copy of Provincetown Magazine to find out what's going on. It's free at many locations, but the guest house will likely have some copies. If not, ask where you can get a copy.

Long Island, NY
reviews: 51
5. Re: only 1 day , whats should i do.........

The Prince Albert have a beautiful front yard seating area that provides and excellent opportunity for people watching. Directly across the street is Tea Dance from 4-7pm (it really gets hopping around 5:30-7). Tea Dance is basically the big social happy hour in town located at the Boatslip.

For a must-do dinner for your one night - my recommendation goes to Front Street or Victors. Front Street is a guaranteed consistently good restaurant. Victors is tapas style which provides fun sampling size plates.

Bubulas is close by to the Prince Albert for lunch - great outside seating area and decent food.

Without specifying what you want to do it's hard to recommend. If you go right on Commercial and head to the extreme west end of town from the Prince Albert, there's the breakwater which a granite rock path laid across the water. It's a beautiful walk. There's a bike rental shop on Bradford Street behind the Prince Albert. The bike trails are phenomenal. McMillian Pier is always a favorite of mine.

If it's your first visit to Ptown I am certain you'll spend a good part of the day strolling up and down Commercial Street browsing and shopping in the many stores.

6. Re: only 1 day , whats should i do.........

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, October 20, 2012