We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October in Provincetown

Which Provincetown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
October in Provincetown

I am first time visitor to Provincetown. I was curious to know if there is a lot to do during the last couple weeks in October. Are there many restaurants, bars and shops open?

Any suggestions on restaurants, bars, sightseeing, etc... during late October?

New Jersey
1. Re: October in Provincetown

Also another question, we are staying at The Dunes, is this is a nice place?

New Jersey
2. Re: October in Provincetown

Also another question, we are staying at The Dunes, is this is a nice place?

Boston...
reviews: 13
3. Re: October in Provincetown

While P-Town is much less crowded this time of year, it's actually my favorite! While some places close after Columbus Day weekend, the weather is usually very nice (but often chilly at night), and a lot of us Bostonians who avoid the summer mayhem resume the weekend warrior ritual in P-Town. I have never felt at a loss for lack of activities or dining.... and most certainly, bars being open.

Personally, my favorite restaurants will be open... Martin House and the Lobster Pot. Also, Napi's, The Mews, the Post Office Diner should be open, and perhaps Boubula's, as well as many more than actually come to mind.

You won't have to wander far to find a bar. The Atlantic House (a/k/a "A-House") is my favorite. If the weather is chilly, you can step in for a warmer-upper by their hearthside and listen to their jukebox with everything from Patsy Cline and Frank Sinatra to U2.

As far as "sightseeing" goes... you see plenty of "sights" if you're there for Halloween! ;-)

New Jersey
4. Re: October in Provincetown

Thanks jsboston! My girlfriend and I have never been there and were afraid that many places would be closed....but I agree, the less crowded, the better!

Boston...
reviews: 13
5. Re: October in Provincetown

Here's a website that occasionally has "on-line specials" offered by P-Town businesses...

http://www.ptownchamber.com/coupons.htm

Staten Island, NY
6. Re: October in Provincetown

Hi,

There are several restaurants open, try the Mews restaurant and especially the Restaurant at Crowne Pointe Inn, very relaxed romantic dining. They have a great bar too. The shops are mostly open especially on the weekends. have a great time