We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Inn

Which Peabody hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sunbury, OH
reviews: 2
Hampton Inn

Anyone have any thoughts or opinions about the Hampton Inn in Peabody? When compared to the rates of the hotels actually in Boston we chose somewhere outside of town but still close enough to get there in a reasonable amount of time.

Boston...
reviews: 18
1. Re: Hampton Inn

You will definitely need a car to get around. There is no public transportation nearby. Aside from that, travel time should be less than 1/2 hour into town. Also, this is a divided highway, with no way to get anywhere except by driving.

If you give a little more detail on your plans while in the area.

Sunbury, OH
reviews: 2
2. Re: Hampton Inn

We have a rental car booked so that's not a problem. Actually I was just wondering about the hotel itself. I had read before that it's not too easy to locate. Is that true?

I'm sure there is a lot to do in Boston but after reading previous posts I've come to the conclusion that the Freedom Trail, Duck Tour, Old Town Trolley, Boston Commons along with a Boston Harbor Cruise are some ideas of things to do. I'm thinking too about possibly driving up to Salem. Approximately how long of a drive will that be? Anything else a "must" see when we're in Boston ~ remember we're only there for 4 days.

Boston...
reviews: 18
3. Re: Hampton Inn

I don't find the hotel hard to find (I pass it all the time, though), but there is undoubtedly some confusing signage around the interchange that is made up of US1, I-95 and Rte 128. A stranger to the area should get very clear written directions that show the area in enough detail... this intersection is like a mutant pretzel, and the maps I've seen just don't seem to capture the "magic".

Getting to Salem from there isn't far, but also involves roads that are not so easy to describe. Will you have a GPS navigator? It would probably be of tremendous help.

If you haven't already made your reservations, you might want to consider the Lakeview Motor Lodge in Beverly... it's a little further, but in my opinion, more centrally located to get around... including proximity to public transportation and cheap restaurants.

4. Re: Hampton Inn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Peabody
More Peabody Topics