We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for the ferry

Which Hyannis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Central Jersey
reviews: 2
Parking for the ferry

This will be our first visit to Nantucket via Hyannis (middle of August for a week). We will be riding over to the island on an already-reserved ferry with friends in their car, but would like to leave our own car in Hyannis. Can anyone recommend where we can leave our car and how much it is for the week? I'm not worried about getting to the ferry, so no shuttle is necessary. Just confused about where the lots are, how much this would cost an whether we need to reserve a space in advance.

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Boston...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Parking for the ferry

You have a couple of options. The first is just to park at the designated parking lot offered by the Steamship Authority (Ferry). The lot they are using for your trip will be the lot at 49 Yarmouth Road, which is right off of Main St. Parking is $15 per day. The second choice is to drive a little further away to the Barnstable Munincipal Airport and park at the lot there, which is run by Rebublic Parking Systems. I believe that lot costs $20 per day. It's only a couple miles from the ferry dock. I think the airport lot is the much safer choice for long term parking.

Massachusetts
reviews: 24
2. Re: Parking for the ferry

The Hyannis transportation center (bus station) has a long term parking area at $6/day. You pre-pay at a machine and place the validation sticker on the dashboard. The machine doesn't give change, so plan accordingly.

If you can catch a lift with your friends to/from the ferry docks, there are also more remote park-and-ride lots that are free (if you can find a space), including one just off of Route 6 at Route 132. More info:

smartguide.org/traveltips/park_ride_lots.html

If you search this forum, another poster earlier had a tip on free parking somewhere nearby, but it's not something I'm familiar with.

Central Jersey
reviews: 2
3. Re: Parking for the ferry

Thank you for the advice! Both very helpful.

4. Re: Parking for the ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 27, 2009