We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

in/out of town

Which Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mpls,mn
in/out of town

Hi there,

With our 3 kids we're going to NY, then Boston, 3 or 4 days in each, and thought we'd spend a few days at the beach between. Ideally, we'd like to rent a house, but not many by the day. Finally found one in Hull. Seems almost IN the city. Any opinions? Is it urban? Would it feel beachy, or suburban? Any hints of good bets for houses by the day for only 3 days? Thanks for any tips.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 32
1. Re: in/out of town

I was just at Nantasket Beach yesterday which is located in Hull, Mass. I've been going there for years but only to spend the day at the beach. The weather was delightful, and if you go away from the public part of the beach, there's plenty of room to spread out and enjoy. Location-wise Hull is about 25 miles south of Boston or about a 45 minute to one hour drive away. Other than enjoying the beach and some restaurants, I am not sure what other recreation is available to keep the kids busy. If you do rent there, make sure you find out how far away you are from the beach.

mpls,mn
2. Re: in/out of town

Thanks, Mahj. That helps :)

grand isle
3. Re: in/out of town

I wish I had seen this before now, since I'm sure you've already taken your trip! Having grown up in Hull,there are plenty of suggestions I can make. Maybe they would help someone now; Hull would be a great place to stay.....it's not far from Boston, and now you can take the T (train)all the way in to the City. It's not far from Cape Cod !! Either direction would make a great day trip.Actually, you might want to stay more than a few days. And if it's summertime that you're there, you may just want to stay on the beach and watch the ocean forever!! There's a lot of history in the area,too and a Lifesaving Museum and a Civil War Fort and just plain old New England charm!!! But I'm prejudiced!!

So, visit Hull, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

PlanetX
reviews: 5
4. Re: in/out of town

Yes! Hull is full of fun stuff for the kids and a decent beach too!

Boston
5. Re: in/out of town

Hi, Sorry, this is probably late, but if you are planning another trip to Hull you should check out the Hull Harbor House. They have a great Bed and Breakfast, where you can rent rooms. They also have a home that you can rent. Just go to hullharborhouse.com

We had a great stay!

6. Re: in/out of town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 12, 2009