We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Wedding on the Beach

Which Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Attleboro...
reviews: 5
Small Wedding on the Beach

I am having a very small wedding ceremony for my daughter June 30th 2013 on the beach somewhere in Nantasket/Hull. Thats my question.... Since it will be held around 12-1pm on a day when everyone goes to the beach, where can we have it and how cannw define a area where 14 of us can stand?

6 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
1. Re: Small Wedding on the Beach

You can have it anywhere. You can rope off an area. If not spending money on location, not sure what you expect. You live in the area and someone chose this location. Best advice is to take a ride and check out for yourself.

Massachusetts
reviews: 19
2. Re: Small Wedding on the Beach

On many Cape Cod beaches, you need a permit. I suggest that you call the Hull authorities for their guidelines.

Boston...
reviews: 130
3. Re: Small Wedding on the Beach

Like I suggested in your other post, you may want to try the Sandy Beach Association. Sandy Beach is in Cohasset which is the town next to Hull. You do need a permit from them. It's free. They just ask for a donation to the association. I wouldn't suggest trying to do it on Nantasket beach in Hull as the tides come up really high and parking would be a nightmare. Try calling the town hall in Hull though and see if there's another spot they could suggest to you.

Boston...
4. Re: Small Wedding on the Beach

And when you scout out a location, do check what the tides will be for June 30, so you'll know what to expect.

North Attleboro...
reviews: 5
5. Re: Small Wedding on the Beach

Thank you so much for the great advice. I will check out Sandy Beach and I will call Town of Hull.

Lincoln, NH
reviews: 7
6. Re: Small Wedding on the Beach

Sandy beach is an excellent suggestion -- I did see a wedding on the beach there last summer, so I know they do 'em. I'm not sure about the effect of the tides on Sandy Beach -- but for Nantasket you MUST follow ting's advice and have your ceremony at low to mid-tide. You should also look up the beach away from the commercial areas at the southern end of the beach. I think it's nicer as you head north.

Reply to: Small Wedding on the Beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted