We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

Which Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
reviews: 7
Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

Hello everyone,

We are looking to have a very small and informal wedding ceremony (10 people) on the Nantasket Beach in May. We are not looking to put chairs or anything-just a brief standing ceremony. Are there any scenic places that you can recommend?

14 replies to this topic
Easton...
1. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

High tide does not always leave much room. You should take a ride and check it out. It does not take long to cover the beach. there is a light house not far off shore at the far end.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
2. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

4 suggestions

1. I would think Point Allerton would be very scenic as it is at the opening of Boston Harbor with views to lighthouses, islands, many boats coming thru, etc. This picture is just a couple of hundred yards away from the Point. tripadvisor.com/…19809881

2. As you go to the end of Hull, near the school I believe there is accessible beaches with a great view towards boston. Only issue could be that it is close to the glide path into Logan so there could be some noise.

3. At the end of Nantasket Av before you get to Pemberton, there is a small "neck". On one side is the Harbor and the other is the bay with an area called Mariner's Park.

4. Option is the beach around W Street. Especially in May, this will be very quiet and there are mostly summer rentals in this area with a few year rounders. This is just south of Point Allerton so you still see the boats coming in but don't have a view of the harbor. If you choose this, tell the owner of 14 W that the former owner says hi. She'll know who you are talking about.

I think that the Northern end of Nantasket would we much more scenic that the area closest to the entrance.

There are some really scenic areas along Jerusalem Road but don't remember if there is a beach or just a seawall there.

Easton...
3. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

At the hull end of jerusalem rd there is a rocky beach. There is a house on an island which would make a nice back drop. Down Jerusalem where it turns into I think Atlantic ave, there is a very nice beach. Keep going and you cross over a nice river.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
4. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

FW, last time I drove down Jersusalem Rd, I recall that parking was quite restricted. Are there public parking areas?

Easton...
5. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

Yes, the beach on the left has parking. Stickers are required but an eye on the car will avoid getting a ticket. Haven't been in a year, doubt anything has changed.

Btw. Nice post by you on hull

Edited: 6:06 pm, March 04, 2012
Easton...
6. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

But the hull end of Jerusalem only has a few street spots and stickers are needed there as well. I think they'll be fine if going to be a quick ceremony. That is where Jerusalem and forest meet

Boston
reviews: 7
7. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

Thank you all for your kind suggestions!

Boston, MA
reviews: 18
8. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

We saw a few weddings on the A Street Pier last year, they all looked lovely, especially at sunset. The sunset there is spectacular! Not actually on the beach, but beautiful all the same.

Boston...
reviews: 114
9. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

I know the spot with limited sticker parking. If your service will last longer than 15 minutes (the time for some cranky person to notice any parking issues, report them and for the police to arrive), you might want to check with the police ahead of time and see if they'd give you a break. If you have one extra person with one extra car parked illegally, you could have issues that you don't want. No big deal if you're in and out quickly but...just something to think about.

Boston...
10. Re: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?

Too bad the OP didn't come back and tell us where they got married. It would have been interesting to know.

Reply to: Good spot for a small wedding ceremony on the beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted