We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

Which Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo, Japan
Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

Hello everyone! My fiance and I are looking to take a weekend vacation to the Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach, however we have some questions! Hopefully you can help us? :) First of all we are wondering what the location is like. We are looking to spend the majority of our days sightseeing, walking along the beach and then spend our nights inside the hotel enjoying the pool, hot tub, and the personal whirlpool bath. Of course we need to eat, so we would also like to be able to find restaurants. Does this location fit our needs?

Secondly we are both photographers so we typically pick places that would make for great photos and when seeing photos of the Clarion Hotel like this...

http://i55.tinypic.com/x2owvo.jpg

It's hard to say no! However when it comes to the decor of the inside of the hotel we have found various photos showing the common areas and rooms to be typical nice hotel rooms and then other photos showing it to be very outdated. Do the rooms really look like this? I want to get what I pay. My fiance and I travel a lot and we've come across hotels that look beautiful in photos and then when we get there we are laying on hard as rock mattresses with old outdated blankets, it was very uncomfortable. So do the rooms really look like the photo below or are they outdated?

http://i56.tinypic.com/nm0q48.jpg

I mentioned earlier we want to enjoy the pool, hot tub, and personal whirlpool bath. Is the pool and hot tub open year round and is it available to all hotel guests? I know a lot of hotels in the area only open their pools and hot tubs around Memorial Day. Also do you know what the personal whirlpool in the rooms look like? The room with the rock hard mattress and stiff outdated blankets also claimed to have a whirlpool bath only to find out when we got into the room there was nothing, but a regular bath. :( Can anyone confirm or deny the personal whirlpool baths and possibly even provide photos?

The last question we have is whether or not the valet parking in mandatory. We are currently staying in Boston and it is a must that you have your car valet parked, you are not allowed to park yourself what-so-ever. I honestly do not mind this, but my fiance does.

I know I have asked a lot of silly questions, but when you run into as many bad hotels as we have you want to know everything you can before reserving a room! I have sent the Clarion Hotel an email. I hope for a response soon, but I would love to hear from all of you as well!

We are looking to reserve a room for a weekend in April, but we would like to know what the rooms actually look like.

11 replies to this topic
Boston...
reviews: 124
11. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

If it's a side trip from Boston, it makes sense. It's much closer than the Cape and allows you to enjoy the beach without driving for hours or paying Cape Cod rates.

The down side is that Hull is not, as yet, a tourist town. There are restaurants and some amusements for kids (arcades, a merry-go-round, playground), plus a big beach. You'll find mostly locals. A friend of mine stayed at this hotel and really enjoyed it. You get the feeling of being off the beaten path. Nearby Cohasset and Hingham are nice towns with good restaurants. There is shopping in Hingham, both near Hull and closer to Route 3 at Derby Street.

The beach won't be used for sunbathing and swimming until the warmer weather. In July and August, it's typically mobbed. Towel to towel.. Some camps bring their kids to Nantasket , so if you go in summer, you have to find a spot that's not overrun by summer camp kids. There are also lots of adults, sunbathers, etc.

This time of year, it's great for walks on the beach. Not crowded at all.

Reply to: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted