We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

Which Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tokyo, Japan
Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

Hello everyone! My fiance and I are looking to take a weekend vacation to the Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach, however we have some questions! Hopefully you can help us? :) First of all we are wondering what the location is like. We are looking to spend the majority of our days sightseeing, walking along the beach and then spend our nights inside the hotel enjoying the pool, hot tub, and the personal whirlpool bath. Of course we need to eat, so we would also like to be able to find restaurants. Does this location fit our needs?

Secondly we are both photographers so we typically pick places that would make for great photos and when seeing photos of the Clarion Hotel like this...

http://i55.tinypic.com/x2owvo.jpg

It's hard to say no! However when it comes to the decor of the inside of the hotel we have found various photos showing the common areas and rooms to be typical nice hotel rooms and then other photos showing it to be very outdated. Do the rooms really look like this? I want to get what I pay. My fiance and I travel a lot and we've come across hotels that look beautiful in photos and then when we get there we are laying on hard as rock mattresses with old outdated blankets, it was very uncomfortable. So do the rooms really look like the photo below or are they outdated?

http://i56.tinypic.com/nm0q48.jpg

I mentioned earlier we want to enjoy the pool, hot tub, and personal whirlpool bath. Is the pool and hot tub open year round and is it available to all hotel guests? I know a lot of hotels in the area only open their pools and hot tubs around Memorial Day. Also do you know what the personal whirlpool in the rooms look like? The room with the rock hard mattress and stiff outdated blankets also claimed to have a whirlpool bath only to find out when we got into the room there was nothing, but a regular bath. :( Can anyone confirm or deny the personal whirlpool baths and possibly even provide photos?

The last question we have is whether or not the valet parking in mandatory. We are currently staying in Boston and it is a must that you have your car valet parked, you are not allowed to park yourself what-so-ever. I honestly do not mind this, but my fiance does.

I know I have asked a lot of silly questions, but when you run into as many bad hotels as we have you want to know everything you can before reserving a room! I have sent the Clarion Hotel an email. I hope for a response soon, but I would love to hear from all of you as well!

We are looking to reserve a room for a weekend in April, but we would like to know what the rooms actually look like.

11 replies to this topic
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 20
1. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

Can not address your specific questions. However, this would not be a location I would run to. Newport, Rhode Island, The Cape, Ogunquit, Maine are all picturesque.

Tokyo, Japan
2. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

I have visited Newport already, but that is what I was looking for - somewhere in Cape Cod. The photos I kept finding of this hotel though were SO beautiful! But my friend send me links to other places in Cape Cod - I will check those out!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
3. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

I am assuming you are more local than Tokyo. If so, then Nantasket does have some great photo ops. there is an area called World's end which is wonderful. thetrustees.org/places-to-visit/greater-bost…

Wonderful vista's of boston and a drive thru cohasset, scituate, etc

passes lighthouses, beautiful homes, rocky shores.

tripadvisor.com/…19809882

The northern end of Nantasket is Point Allerton where you will see ships coming into Boston Harbor and a little further down the road you are right across from Logan and can watch the planes landing and have great views towards lighthouses and Boston skyline.

Food is probably better in Hingham, Scituate and Cohasset (all just minutes away). Can't speak to the hotel but would expect it to be a typical beach type hotel- nothing to fancy.

My bottom line. If you are close, then go for it. But if flying 6000 miles then there are other places that should be considered.

Boston
4. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

I have been inside the hotel a few times, never the rooms. It is very nice and the owner spent a lot of time on every detail when building. It is basically on the water. Between the hotel and the beach is a road and a few parking spaces.

The beach is nice and lots walk it every day and all year round. There is a little place next door which has a cute patio and great burgers. You can take a boat into boston from hull.

Not far is Cohasset and Hingham, both great towns and lots to keep you busy taking pictures.

You will like it here.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 20
5. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

A google earth view for your information: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=clarion+hotel+nantasket&fb=1&gl=us&hq=clarion+hotel+nantasket&hnear=Andover,+MA&cid=3042039716105227621&dtab=2&ei=mvCUTYjQE-WR0QHrvd34Cw&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDcQqgUwAQ

Lincoln, NH
reviews: 7
6. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

I'm sort of confused. If you're really coming from Tokyo, I think it's a long trip to stay at a nice, but not super area. Hull is a suburb, and in the summer a great weekend beach for the locals. It's not so much a destination for beach lovers -- like the Cape would be.

I'd suggest this hotel for someone who was coming to Boston for some purpose but wanted to stay in a "resorty", more out of the way area instead of downtown. Similarly, if you had a reason to be on the South Shore -- this would make a good spot. There are, however, better beaches. And so, the question becomes -- what are you looking for really? I think Rockport and Gloucester might be more appealing.

If you really want to walk the beach and then spend the evenings in the hotel, I think this is the wrong place.

There are however, as others have noted, some great places to eat. Bernards in Cohasset, Tosca in Hingham, and Sapporito's in Hull. (Trust me on Sapporito's - you would not even look twice at the building, but I guarantee you'll love the food and service.)

Boston
7. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

Tosca's is very good. Hingham Center is close by and a nice place to browse. Stars is another great place for a burger.

Boston
8. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

There are however, as others have noted, some great places to eat. Bernards in Cohasset, Tosca in Hingham, and Sapporito's in Hull. (Trust me on Sapporito's - you would not even look twice at the building, but I guarantee you'll love the food and service

above by looon mountain

wow..you really know your stuff...that was my first thought when seeing Sapporito's. This is a favorite place among the locals. It is pricey and I think even more so than Tosca's.

9. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, April 02, 2011

Boston
10. Re: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?

The Clarion Hotel has changed their name.

http://www.nantasketbeachhotel.com/

Edited: 11:30 am, June 08, 2011
Reply to: Clarion Hotel at Nantasket Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted