We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

Which Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Windsor, NY
reviews: 14
Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

We are invited to a wedding in Cohasset and want to know if there is taxi service available to Hull?

8 replies to this topic
Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
1. Re: Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

You can take a taxi anywhere if you are willing to pay he fare. However, I would expect this to be very expensive. I would suggest renting a car instead, as you'll need one anyway to get around Cohasset and probably get to and from there as well.

Boston...
reviews: 69
2. Re: Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

I disagree that this will be super expensive. Cohasset and Hull are neighboring towns, and Nantasket is in the part of Hull closest to Nantasket. I would guess that your fare would be about $15-20 each way. The roundtrip is probably cheaper than a one-day car rental. Presumably you are asking because you already have transportation to Cohasset.

Edited: 4:20 pm, January 06, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
3. Re: Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

Depending on distances, it should not be too expensive. May want to look into bus from Cohasset MBTA station to Nantasket. I know there is bus service from Hingham but not sure about Cohasset.

Boston
4. Re: Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

Hull and Cohasset are next to each other. It taks 10 minutes to drive from Nantasket Beach to Cohasset Village. At least the end of Nantasket near the Clarion Hotel.

Call the Clarion Hotel in Hull and ask them who they use for a taxi service.

With tip I would think no more than $35.00 one way.

Lincoln, NH
reviews: 7
5. Re: Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

I think Finsky is long gone -- if not -- he/she should take a taxi to Sandy Beach in Cohasset. It's a public beach, but because there is no parking other than for residents, few people are familiar with it. It's a great beach.

Of course, if the OP wants the old-time feel of the shops, restaurants, arcade and the carosel -- then Nantasket is the choice.

OP -- there is an Enterprise Rental car place on Route 3A in Cohasset -- they will pick you up. If you need wheels, this is your very best option. Then you can noodle around Cohasset and Hull to your heart's content. (Hit J. J.'s Dairy Hut, just up from the Enterprise shop at the end of your beach day.)

Boston
6. Re: Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

I just assumed Finsky wanted to knock back a few at the wedding, hence, inquiring about a cab.

New Windsor, NY
reviews: 14
7. Re: Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

Bingo!!!

Boston
8. Re: Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?

I have been to sandy beach. Nice beach but a little rocky. When I have reason to be in that area, I usually grab a coffee and something at French Memory Bakery and have it at that beach.

Reply to: Taxi from Cohasset to Nantasket Beach?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted