We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Possible Wintertime Vacationer With Lots of Questions

Which Hull hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Springfield...
reviews: 26
Possible Wintertime Vacationer With Lots of Questions

I'm looking to take a short trip to Hull Ma in December with my boyfriend. I'm pretty sure I've found perfect lodging but I'm not entirely sure what else I've found. So, I'll basically just list it all.

While dates and trip times are flexible, I'm thinking we will be staying three days and two nights in December, sometime from the 16th to the 23rd. We'd like to check out the area in off season, and just have a bit of a laid back winter retreat to ourselves during the holiday. I know many places aren't open during off season, but if anyone can recommend ANY activites or restaurants that are open at this time it would be greatly appreciated.

So far I'm planning on spending a day, or at least half day at BodyWorks Day Spa. They have superb spa prices, and he's never been. I'd also like to spend evenings in our room after having dinner out, so really I only need one or two other activities for us. He doesn't drink much, so while bars aren't totally out of the question, pubs/grilles would prob be better for us.

I'd really like to catch a Bruins or Celtics game, as I've never been and he's a sports buff. The Mapquest directions I'vegotten say it takes an hour or so to get to Boston, but I've heard that there are ferries you can take. However, its been next to impossible to find a ferry schedule online, or even if the ferry is running during that time of year. I've also thought of stopping bythe beach or Fort Revere Park for a few hours during the day and exploring a bit. Any locals/seasoner vacationers out there have any thoughts/tips/ideas for me it would be greatly appreciated.

The restaurants I've found to be open are: Toast, Beachfire, Saporitos, Schooner's, Raffael's, and Bridgeman's. As both of us are quite picky eaters, I've eliminated any places I saw open that had only seafood, and the Vietnamese Restaurant La Dalat. Beyond that, the two of us will pretty much eat anything. I'd prefer to have a few meals in a decent/nice restaurant, and maybe a few in cheaper places as well like pubs, takeout, etc.

I'm also trying to hunt down a nearby grocery store,or at least something that could pass, as we have a kitchen, and will probably be cooking at least one meal. A liquor store would also be of help, and I love my champagne when I'm away from home.

I think that's it for now. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated, and I'll offer thanks in advance.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 1
1. Re: Possible Wintertime Vacationer With Lots of Questions

The Hull Ferry is a commuter service, so is geared to those hours. This won't be much help for you for a Bruins or Celtics game. You'll have to drive in. Here's the schedule:

mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/boats/lines/…

How about spending a day in Boston? Lots to do and see and you can tie that in with your game. That will fill up your time as well.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
2. Re: Possible Wintertime Vacationer With Lots of Questions

In Hull, you want to take a walk along the wall looking over to boston and along Pt Allerton. Also, at the very end of Hull is a school which is right along the water with some great views as well. For a drive, Atlantic av and Jerusalem Rd down towards scituate and rt 3a is very lovely and relaxing.

tripadvisor.com/…19809882

tripadvisor.com/…19809881

Wish I could give you some suggestions for dining but while much of Hull/Nantasket is summer residents, as you head into Scituate, it is more year round.

My grandparents had a summer home on W St. It is an easy place to park for a walk to the point or to explore some wonderful homes on "the Hill".

3. Re: Possible Wintertime Vacationer With Lots of Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:30 am, May 04, 2011