We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels on Route 9

Which Hadley hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
US
reviews: 1
Hotels on Route 9

Can anyone recommend a hotel on Route 9 that is both clean and economical based on a stay in the latter half of 2008 through January 2009? Ideally, I would like to hear from someone who can recommend a place that he or she has stayed at several times over the past two years. I stayed several times at the Econo Lodge in Hadley but am reluctant to do so after a recent report of bed bugs. I'll be coming to this area over the next four years and would appreciate any suggestions. I'm willing to consider places off Route 9, too, but preferably within 30 miles.

MA
reviews: 16
1. Re: Hotels on Route 9

I have stayed at the Clarion Hotel in North Hampton a few times. It is kind of an old property, and not for people who are looking for more than a clean comfortable room. Rooms were renovated in 2006..as for the rest of the hotel..think 1970s Hilton (that is what it was) with oak walls and fireplaces throughout the property.

I have pricelined and won the Clarion twice @ $45 per night so it was well worth it for me.

There is also a Holiday Inn Express, and Marriott Courtyard that are both very new on route 9 in Hadley, but I have not stayed there.

US
reviews: 1
2. Re: Hotels on Route 9

Thanks, pamelaroad. Clean and economical is all I seek.

MA
reviews: 16
3. Re: Hotels on Route 9

Try bidding on Priceline for it. You will probably get it for $45 or so. It is a 2.5* in Northampton - Hadley - Amherst

I got it twice in 2008.

$6 cab ride from Clarion to NOHO for some dinner and drinks without having to worry about driving. While there check out some local shows. The Iron Horse or some of the other clubs.

www.iheg.com

Quincy...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Hotels on Route 9

Over the past two years, i have stayed at the econo lodge about 20 or 30 times (most recent time was earlier this month), and i have never experienced bed bugs. i wouldn't worry about it, if i were you.

but, if you're not comfortable with it, another good place to stay is the autumn inn in noho. its about 10-15 mins from Hadley and is nice, quiet, and small. I go to amherst, so econo lodge works better for me.

5. Re: Hotels on Route 9

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Hadley
Recent Conversations